Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

My name is Dominic, I live near Vancouver, British Columbia Canada.. Just bought a 2013 Ford Focus Titanium HB on Thurs, fully loaded...hence my name "first ford hatchback 2013" Very happy with the car so far and looking to get more info...can't make the (Found On Road Dead) jokes anymore, lmao

I have a long history of doing serious aftermarket performance and exterior mods to vehicles, and making custom features (stereo, door panels, dash, etc)...I have to try and reign myself in and keep this car fairly stock since my wife will want to drive it occasionally (so it's automatic, :( ) and not want it to be loud, full of vibrations and stiff handling.

My plans for the car are:

-Research and look for a good bright white hid or LED headlight (possibly foglights too) conversion kit, assuming the stock housings don't blind, and cutoff the light properly and no colored tinge!
-Get some nice aftermarket 18" or 19" rims, gunmetal or bronze...it has 18" silver 5 spokes that look ok, I might just powercoat or plasticoat them for now.
-Paint the calipers with high heat paint, nothing ricy, just black
-A warm or cold air intake
-Possibly add sidemarkers, the car is black and no illumination is visible from the side of the car on this focus.
-Chassis braces, strut towers, subframe brace, etc (if needed or available)
-Window tinting
-Huge double wing on the roof [:p] j/k

What I would like to do, but probably won't:

Upgraded free flowing muffler, exhaust, header, cat
Bolt on performance upgrades: cams, intake manifold, header
Computer tuning
Exterior mods, paint.

So yeah, anyone have any suggestions for mods listed above, let me know...I'll be looking up the specs I need for the rims. Thanks

Attachments

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I like the wheels, but I saw another focus with them powdercoated black or dark metallic gunmetal...******g loved it, scrambling to find my old powdercoating hookup.

My first mod is these triangle replacements from iJDMTOY...they have DRL led strips for daytime driving, fibreoptic led strips for nighttime driving, and chrome accents around them which will make them stand out (black on black is the least sporty focus around I think)...also getting a k&n typhoon or similar intake (anyone have suggestions)....looking at projector headlights, chrome bezels for the fogs, and hids in both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Schwing!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking good Im interested in the route you take with the black paint. Mine is black as well (not a hatch) an I just got my baby about 2 weeks ago, so Im keeping my eyes peeled for some good stuff!

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Ill let you know when I install the triangles, the chrome around them makes them stand out, I like it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds good man! I've looked at a couple different pairs. How much did ya spend if you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
473 Posts
welcome aboard and looks like you have a plan. Don't forget snorkel delete as one of your first mods, and its free!

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good man! I've looked at a couple different pairs. How much did ya spend if you don't mind me asking
They were a bit spendy, $130bucks for the pair on amazon prime...but zero bad reviews so far, some of the cheaper ones that are $70 and so on, lots of bad reviews for leds crapping out...

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,035 Posts
I have a Tuxedo Black sedan, and its LOVE when its clean... trying to keep it clean, however....

If you wanna swap fog bezels, I have a set of purely chrome ones... but then, I prefer the titanium ones over pure chrome, so I guess thats personal choice...

OH, and if you want BRIGHT foglights that shouldn't melt the housings, check out GTR lighting... their new Gen2 LED bulbs are outputing some 3600lumen... and include "filters" to replicate colour from 3800K up through 10000K...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts