Focus Fanatics Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
You may say that for you but an easy 25% of our population is already in the diesel market and buying into it
You are delusional. There are more than 250 million drivers in the USA alone, If there were 63 million people begging for diesels, you can bet we'd have them by now.

·
-----<M>-----
2,724 Posts
There is 1 reason and 1 reason only why diesel cars are not prevalent here.

Diesel fuel is roughly the same cost or even slightly less than gasoline in Europe due to tax rate manipulation.

Here diesel fuel carries on average a 60-cent (17%) premium.

End of story.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
In January 2014, Americans bought approx 1 million new cars.

Approximately 8 thousand of those cars were diesel, or 0.8%.

It's pretty clear that 0.8% is a far cry from 25%.

You state that 25% of your local population would buy a diesel right now.

0.8% of the approximate US population would be around 2.2 million people.

Right now, approximately 1 out of every 50,000 people will buy a diesel.

The most recent census data says Dubuque's population is 57,000.

Statistically speaking, there is only 1 person in Dubuque who wants to buy a diesel.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
100+ more names still isn't 25% of the local population lol

All I'm pointing out is that your assumption is completely based on your belief that 1 out of 4 people would buy a diesel car in your area. There's no hard facts to back up that kind of claim. You would need to have an accurate way to prove that 14,250 people in your area would go to a dealer this month and buy a diesel.

Or you could just agree with me and move on.

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
The only Chevy I want is (currently) a Spark EV. The only reason I want it is 400 ft-lbs of torque. Everything else makes it blaaaah, but for a work commuter it would be just fine although a used Focus Electric would fit the same bill. The signs are out there that GM is putting more R&D towards electrification than Ford is. With motor outputs like the SparkEV, Ford should consider cooperating with the General. Even Tesla doesn't have comparable output. I expect to see more improvements and vehicles in coming years, but I don't expect to see an increase in build quality which is why I'll most likely have a Ford.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2015 Focus vs 2012 thru 14

Have seen pics of the new updated 2015 Focus. I think it's a beautiful car but it seems to be giving up some identity. The facia looks like the Fusion and Fiesta. That's not a bad thing since both of those cars are definite lookers but the 12 thru 14 model Focus has a defining and distinct look that sets it apart from it's siblings; it has a more aggressive rally car look; when you see it in the rear view mirror it says get out of my way.
As always beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think one of the attributes of the current design is it's unique; it has identity, you will never mistake it for anything else. The new model looks a bit more aesthetic but the 2012-14 looks more muscular and will hold it's identity in the long run. What do you think? I'm interested.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I think the 2015 looks exactly like the fusion and for that I hate it. I know certain cars under the same brand can share similarities but that's just crossing the line to me. Fords design department must be making budget cuts ;-)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I think if ALL models including base models get the projector headlights and led fogs as well as 4 wheels disc brakes without a markup on the trim model base prices it'll sell well. I like the headlights and front end but not the rear lights. Too small. I'd be happy with the same rear end we have now.

Honestly the interior doesn't add anything for me either ad I already love mine and am not impressed with the new layout much. But its a good facelift.

Now bring on the RS!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not a fan of the corporate Aston grill. When i bought my 14 i was contemplating waiting for the 15 as i thought it would look good on the car. I didn't end up liking how our was executed. I like the 12-14 front end much more

Juicedz, did you dislike the fact that the Escape shared the Focus front end styling? I don't mind corporate styling, I'm used to it with sportbikes.

That said I like the tweaks they made to the interior a lot.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts