Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 5 months, just added my first 2 mods as a B-Day present to myself. AEM CAI and Magnaflow exhaust system. I added the AEM on Saturday, wow I thought it sounded great, gave car a deeper tone.
Then today got the Magnaflow, blew me away, really love the sound. So is it me or what, does the addition of the exhaust enhance the cold-air???
Seems like now I hear the CAI even more, or is it my excitement fooling me [:D]

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You might say that by opening up the exhaust that the car is flowing better. Probably just the excitment of the added upgraded and added power.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It would probably enhance the peformance of the intake because you are now flowing more air. If you think about it, an engine is nothing more than a large air pump, sucking air in and pushing it out. The faster and more efficiently you can do this the better.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Great two mods to start with!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so we know how it goes now. You get the first mods now you get hooked and go crazy[;)]
so what you all feel will compliment the the CAI and exhaust best a dyno/tune or some springs,- Eibachs pro kit [8D]

·
Registered
268 Posts
I put in the MM intake and SVT suspension in one night and lets just say if you're happy with the intake and exhaust, put a suspension kit on and you will be uberly happy.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I didn't think AEM had a CAI for the '06... I need more details, please- what's the model number, where's you get it, etc.?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great mods! I went the other way and did the suspention first. It seems it doesn't matter what mod you start with, do one and you're hooked. My CAI and exhaust are on order. Once you get a suspention, you won't ever want to stop driving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
y2kpedo said:
now drop that thing.
LOL I know, the added performance of the intake and exhaust really make me see the need for the suspension upgrade. So that will be next![;)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts