Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done wit some of the little things to paint =)

Planning on painting all the bottom panels black soon. and painting the steering wheel colum and bezel around the door handles silver

here is the first parts i got done wit today

p.s yes i know i need to clean my car and detail =P

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bezel around the shift knob is going to be silver also

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey, good job there [thumb]

this is about the same color scheme I'm going for as well, but in the 02 model [thumb]
Thanks [wave]

Yea its a good scheme. i was trying to think blue or silver but im glad i chose silver

·
Registered
774 Posts
Looks good man. It changes the car. I loved doing my inside painting. My .02 about the silver around the steering wheel would be: just don't do it. I don't think it would look right at all. If it was me I would paint the center A/C and radio surround the same silver as the vents. I like your other ideas. Keep up the good work. What other plans do you have? Are you making a 'showcus' or trying to go fast?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im doing a show car right now. Starting wit the looks. and then when i get money im going to start doing the engine. But im only 17 so i dont have much money u know? but im plannin on slammin it and putting intake and stress bars and exhaust. just little things u know?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Looks good man. It changes the car. I loved doing my inside painting. My .02 about the silver around the steering wheel would be: just don't do it. I don't think it would look right at all. If it was me I would paint the center A/C and radio surround the same silver as the vents. I like your other ideas. Keep up the good work. What other plans do you have? Are you making a 'showcus' or trying to go fast?
will have to second about not doing the steering column (though I'm always curious to see what it'd look like....) but looks like the rest is exactly the same as I wanna do. You're gonna leave the same headliner and the top half of the pillars and oh-shit handles the same color, right?

edit: you haven't heard of any kinda paint or dye available to put on the seats, have you? cause I was thinking about doing the same scheme as you, like I said earlier, only the bottom half would be dark gray, as well as the center design on the seats...... then the sides of the seats black as well [:)]

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
i guess i'll be the third to say it...but please...don't do the steering wheel column lol it'll be overkill. or at least that's my opinion. it'll clash, big time. and i'll second the idea of the center bezel, it'd match everything else in silver.

otherwise, looks like you're doing pretty well and i'm actually quite surprised that it still flows well with the lighter interior. looking great.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i was worried about the lightier interior =/ thats why i want to do blue. ok maybe i wont do the steeting wheel column =) but can i still do the seat section? lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will have to second about not doing the steering column (though I'm always curious to see what it'd look like....) but looks like the rest is exactly the same as I wanna do. You're gonna leave the same headliner and the top half of the pillars and oh-shit handles the same color, right?

edit: you haven't heard of any kinda paint or dye available to put on the seats, have you? cause I was thinking about doing the same scheme as you, like I said earlier, only the bottom half would be dark gray, as well as the center design on the seats...... then the sides of the seats black as well [:)]

no i havent! lol that would be pretty tight if u could find some like that. i hate my interior =P so im glad im modifing it wit some colors =)

·
Registered
759 Posts
there is some stuff like that i'll have to track it down for you all but i hear it doesn't work real great.. it's basically like brushing paint into fabric.. it can be blotchy if not done perfect

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
WELL........I found something, but holy shit they're 23 bucks per can! and they recommend 6-12 cans for an interior :O

http://www.simplyspray.com.au/category3_1.htm

edit: WOW.....so if we were to take the max amount of recommended cans, it would be $276 before shipping :O but maybe it is the best......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow im just saying new matching leaether interior! =)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
very nice, it looks nice! gives it a nice custom touch but nothing to over the top. i was also thinking about doing something similar to my car, but in red to match the paint.

in addition to what you already have done, i was thinking of painting the plastic surround that surrounds the radio and heat/ac controls.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very nice, it looks nice! gives it a nice custom touch but nothing to over the top. i was also thinking about doing something similar to my car, but in red to match the paint.

in addition to what you already have done, i was thinking of painting the plastic surround that surrounds the radio and heat/ac controls.

ya fo sho. Im going to do that. But it was already pretty close to silver so i was just going to leave it intell i got some more paint. That things is going to be the hardest to do because it already has paint on it. all the other stuff i didnt even have to sand down and the paint stuck perfectly. So when i take out the stereo bezel ill probally have to sand it down a little bit.

and levin. i gave u a rep =) ur always answering my question or posting on my threads and i really appreciate it. and ur posts are always helpful. Thanks bro really appreciate it

Im kinda worried now. i figured out i forgot to clear coat everything =/ i really hope it doesnt start peeling[?|]

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
I love it! It looks good. not too "out there" but just enough to make a difference. Nice work. I plan on doing something similar to mine as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts