·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha, gotta love the title ^^^

Anyways...ROCK CHIPS ARE EVIL!!![bigcry]

[gunfire] [deviltail]
^My FOFO ^Flying Rocks

I never really thought that I would be buying one of these but it sure beats getting chipped out on fresh paint and buying an expansive invisibra (spelling?). Putting it on, I was thinking to myself..."this is going to look soooo trashy!" But when I put it on, I come to find out that it doesn't look half bad. I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks way better without it but it sure as heck beats what winter has to bring.

[ffrocks]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Better look out though if dirt or other crap gets in the bra it can cause more damage than not having a bra at all.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh I know....trussssst me

i'll be watching out for this weekly!

it's just where i live, i think that all of our tax money goes into buying gravel to put on the roads. the winters get pretty rough up here. the paved roads get turned into gravel roads!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah...i hate the winter time becuase of this reason. In my old truck my bumber was litterly destroyed from rocks and such. luckily i don't live out in the country anymore and can drive on paved roads, but even with the roads being paved, i still am starting to notice some chips on the bumber and lower hood. i can already feel it though. i'm going to be so stressed with this bra doing more damage that what would have been done if i would have just let my fofo face the wrath of the rocks

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
you should be ok for the winter. just make sure you take the bra off when you wash your car or you will be basicly buffing your car with rocks that are stuck in the inside of the bra. the bra dont look bad at all, how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought it for 75 through auto zone. it's even the lebra brand...not the cheap look-a-like.

yeah, it doesn't look that bad at all. it kind of makes the car look mean which is a good thing it was kind of a pain to put on. i guess they make them slightly smaller than necessary so it's like stretched over the front of your car and doesn't flap in the wind. this made it hard to put on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had my Le Bra for near a year now and have no paint damage from it. You do meed to wash the thing now and then to keep the paint from fogging.
I just polished the hood well and threw it on. Has saved the front paint for sure as I come from where they cinder the roads in the winter.

Rich

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I would have gotten one of those bras that is basically just a strong piece of clear plastic that you put on and its basically invisible.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have gotten one of those bras that is basically just a strong piece of clear plastic that you put on and its basically invisible.

i would have also but the cheapest I could find for one of those installed was around 400 so a bra will have to do

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
my SVT has a bra. i dont use the hood part anymore though. it DID fog the paint on the right side where the edge is. i cant buff it using an orbital buffer.
there are a few spots on the bumper where it looks like the bra smeared the paint a bit, but it negligible.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
scrammer...did you take it off periodically to buff the paint under it and clean any rocks and debris that might have been trapt under it? Becuase this could have been the issue for you. My Dad has a 2005 mustang he has had a bra on it for at least 70% of the time. His mustang is black. No fading, scratches or paint damages can be seen - the paint is still just as shiny as the paint was rolling off the factory.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i initially got a real good coat of wax on before i put it on. then i took it off every week. washed it, and washed the car. although i didnt buff the frontend every week. that would get tiresome quick.

the front of my car is thrashed anyways. im not too worried about the paint anymore. the bra is there more for hiding all the rock chips. i also dont use the hood bra due to my eyelids look wierd when its on cuz of the non-gloss appearance. just look outta place.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i initially got a real good coat of wax on before i put it on. then i took it off every week. washed it, and washed the car. although i didnt buff the frontend every week. that would get tiresome quick.

the front of my car is thrashed anyways. im not too worried about the paint anymore. the bra is there more for hiding all the rock chips. i also dont use the hood bra due to my eyelids look wierd when its on cuz of the non-gloss appearance. just look outta place.
yeah...that would get tiresome quickly. However, I just got my fofo repainted so I gotta force myself to do it. I'm thinking that as long as I keep it waxed, cleaned and tight onto my car, the bra shouldn't cause me any problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts