Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so just got my Focus today, absolutely love it!

One thing I am a little concerned about, and I think I got it right, is that if I slide my finger over the sensor to lock it (Titanium with remote keyless entry) then it will lock ALL doors, correct? And the only way the door will unlock is touching the inside of the handle?

Just a little worried because usually I check all the doors are locked to make sure they are. But if I still have my keyfob, checking a door will unlock it.

I could just use the lock, but that horn is loud, and if I happen to come home late at night, I dont want to wake the everyone in my house up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes, works same as the remote. Press once to lock all doors, twice for horn confirmation and relock.

Also, you can reach behind your drivers side rear door to open ALL doors, or drivers side front door to open only your door. Or you can program remote/door handle to open ALL doors with driver's door touch by holding lock and unlock on your remote for a few seconds (and again to revert).

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you want to be sure the doors lock without touching them (and thereby unlocking them), watch the taillights. they blink once if the doors all shut and lock. If the signal lights DON't blink, there's a door open or unlocked somewhere.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Depending on sunlight you can see the "doors locked" light on the dash just below the mft screen to confirm the doors are locked.if it s at night then the interior lights also dim right away.
I hold my finger on the sensor for a second until I hear the locks click instead of sliding my finger across it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i've had issues so far as well with my passengers not being able to get in the front passenger side after I have gotten in.

Whether they are not sliding their fingers behind the handle correctly or not, I dont know. Unless once I am inside the car, the fob doesnt work on the passenger side?

Is there a way to unlock all the doors once I am inside other than pulling the fob out of my pocket?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to be sure the doors lock without touching them (and thereby unlocking them), watch the taillights. they blink once if the doors all shut and lock. If the signal lights DON't blink, there's a door open or unlocked somewhere.
But thats using the fob button right? They dont lock on their own (which would have been a really nice feature, to lock on their own once the fob was out of range).

Because if I use the door handle to lock them, do the taillights blink after a certain amount of time (like 3 seconds) or is it right away?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya i've had issues so far as well with my passengers not being able to get in the front passenger side after I have gotten in.

Whether they are not sliding their fingers behind the handle correctly or not, I dont know. Unless once I am inside the car, the fob doesnt work on the passenger side?

Is there a way to unlock all the doors once I am inside other than pulling the fob out of my pocket?
The locks come programmed such that touching behind the front door handle (when you have the fob on you) will unlock the driver door only. Touching behind the rear door on the drivers side unlocks all the doors (whenyou have the fob on you). The sensor behind the handles only work when the fob is outside the and within about 3rd of the door. The sensor should never work for a passenger outside the car that does not have the fob. In the manual this is mentioned along with instructions on how to reprogram the car to unlock all the doors with a single touch of the sensor or fob. To unlock the doors once you are in the car either use the lock/unlock button on the dash under the mft screen or the buttons on the fob 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts