Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home,minding my own business, listening to talk radio (yes i am old!!), I get off the exit ramp on expressway, when I notice a white ford ranger right on my ass tailing me,then hauling ass and passing me on the outside.Get to the light.This idiot starts revving his engine and proceeds to taunt me[8] .I am not into racing (being an ex-cop),and seen some of the crap that can happen when you race, specially in rush hour.Light changes, the guys bolts out.

At this point you would think...Come on let it go!!! THats a waste of gas!!Its dangerous!!..[}:)] [}:)]
Screw it!!!! This punk needs a lesson!!So I drop the hammer, Dork still trying to out run me.Shift third....pass on outside in front of him.So sweet!!

AT next light dork still behind me,taunting me, so I make turn and let him pass me....I floor it...Im on his ass.!!! I put clutch in free revv...Yeah lets go...You are driving too sloww!!!
Still on his ass!!! FRee revv a little more!!! (yeah I got still plenty more!!!)

FInally idiot gets a clue.Starts driving normal.

THis time I pass him on the outside, make left do u turn with enough speed,,,Lift e-brake. Turn and dropped the clutch, nice burn out!!.

Waste of Gas?/ Absolubtly, Inmature? Without a doubt!!!.
KNowing my little car kicks a little booty (even if its a stupid dork on a ranger??) PRiceless!!!

Damn it was fun.!!![:)~]

"People should know when they are conquered" from movie Gladiator.....

Amen Brother....Amen!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i was on the edge of my seat that whole story! you told that freakin well. i almost felt like i was in the car with ya. I HATE THAT DAMN RANGER!

·
Registered
245 Posts
BONOMAN5064 said:

Waste of Gas?/ Absolubtly, Inmature? Without a doubt!!!.
I can guarentee the guy in the Ranger just saw another little car..but..in the back of his head all of what you thought, actually effected him. I got 13 mpg and felt like an idiot everytime I was passed in my ranger. hopefully this will be a lesson to all Ranger owners.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What can I say.....I feel like a million bucks right now!!.I had a ranger for 10 years that i basically ran into the ground.WHen it finally blew up i did not think I could buy another car because of our economic situation at the time....When low and behold, my wife found my car in car max for the right prize and manual 5 speed!!I had never thought of owning a focus.We went andTest drove it...Loved it!!! Own it!!!What was even better was that they put the car on the description as having the spi engine!!WHen i got home and read the manual(of course like a geek with his new toy!!)Saw the pictures of the engine and noticed that when i looked at the dealer I though it looked more like the ZETEC engine....Well guess what...It was the ZETEC!! Its been a while since I had a car I felt proud of and that I could mod a little just for my own kicks!!! I say it once, and ill say it again!!!

I love my little car!!!![headbang]

·
Registered
245 Posts
[cheers]amen, that is exactly how I ended up with mine. My Ranger was completley ruined, but the dealer gave me the right price. Next thing you know, I'm driving home in a new car. One that I actually enjoy driving the measly 11 miles to work. And all the bolt on options.. where to begin [unsure]

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr ex-officer to you that is!!!!![:D]

·
Registered
847 Posts
Talk radio owns, hearing the same song 10x a day does not.

·
Registered
348 Posts
good kill.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Yeah, even XM has the habit of playing the same 15-20 songs over and over....but 101 guaranteed channels is killer. I mainly keep it on 150-151. [:D] Comedy. Eddie Murphy was one funny guy back in the day....heh, gotta drive.

Oh, and btw, nice story. I was driving down a street with five stoplights and at the last two, a chevy silverado (new) tried racing me....heh. I'm not stupid, so I just pretended like he wasn't there. [rolleyes]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
OMG...you kept me on the edge of my seat with that one! LOL.

What year was the Ranger? I think you need to come to WV and try that with my boyfriend's Ranger. He just read this and told me to put that...hehe.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Nice story!! Of course I'm not condoning such behavior old man. I never do anything like that...for shame...lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Odublar said:
Oh, and btw, nice story. I was driving down a street with five stoplights and at the last two, a chevy silverado (new) tried racing me....heh. I'm not stupid, so I just pretended like he wasn't there. [rolleyes] [/B]
LOL My wife asked me "what if one of the cars that you told me would own me pulls up next to me and wants to race?" I told her to pretend that you are messing around with the stereo and don't notice them.[:D]

Edit:
Whoo hoo my 100th post!! Time to ask nicely for some stickers!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
how come you praise this guy yet chastised fezzer.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.