Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some FF help here. Just got my Foci back together except for this one plug. I cannot figure out for the life of me where it goes and I need someone to go out and trace where the plug goes on their car for me. Its a two pin plug with one black and one greyish white color.

Here are some pics.

Where it ties into the main harness is located behind the drivers headlight. You can see the wire hanging out over the fender.

Here is a rough side view of where it ties into the main harness. Its the smaller wire loom on the bottom left side in the picture.

And here is a shot from roughly overhead from the front of where it ties in. In this shot its the upper right small wire traveling upwards.

Any help would be awesome. There is rep points in store for whoevers fastest!!![whip]

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See thats what I am thinking as well but I cannot know for sure. I deleted my AC a while ago and I just need to know for sure which is why I need someone to look. lol.

Its running fine. No codes are being thrown so I think thats the case. Just need to be sure.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol tis ok. We are kinda blessed here in Seattle... Really mild temps while the rest of the country seems to be baking alive. Must suck.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I know the switch at the firewall has two wires. I forget if there are two switches near the headlight. I know thebig one is a four wire switch. Yours is showing two. And yes, the weather sux. Even at 83 with low humidity, still not good.

PS the compressor has a two wire plug and mine does run from the front. I think thats what it is. I messed with mine a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure about that.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would make sense. It would reach to about where the compressor would be as well. Can someone track it down to confirm?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so the wire has three clips taped to it which have little push retainers built into them. I found where it is supposed to travel across. It travels and clips into the top part of the radiator core support right in front of the intake manifold. The clips line up perfectly with three holes there (along with one of the clips being broken and still in the core support). I believe I had the wire just tucked up underneath the support at some point and is AC related. I just want to be sure.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Leave it unplugged and just drive the car. If a CEL doesnt get thrown, it's not that important :p lol

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol well the car did throw a code. A p0507 - Idle air control system RPM higher than expected.

Not anything to do with that unplugged wire. I think I just let it sit there and idle high for a very long time (it wanted to drive to relearn its idle....) or some water got into the IAC while I was cleaning the throttle body and it was having problems. Cleared the code and it hasn't come back. Idles ok.

*Edit*

The car threw the code because the IAC was installed (by yours truly....) upside down.... Flipped it over and it idles much better now....

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
I just looked and I see what you are talking about, sure it does not plug in to your fans....I did not unplug that wire when I swapped my engine out or I could tell you....sorry Justin not much more help.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope. The fans are just two big connectors housed in front of the throttle body. And the fans do cycle. I can hold the throttle open lightly till they do.

Im not really worried at this point. I solved the code issue and nothing else has popped up. If it was important, I would know about it.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
power steering pump has that connector. If you're saying it could reach all the way over there that may be it. I'm just going off of pictures and the ZETEC has the same connector for the pump.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
There is a connector like that to the hood release also. Not sure if you have that on yours though.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
IACV has one, IMRC, and so did a bunch of my PZEV crap. I have 2-pin plugs galore ziptied out of the way on my motor...

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol all those are plugged in. Im just gonna have to go with the concept that if it drives great and doesn't throw a code im not gonna worry about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts