Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up something for my Focus the other day. Got it for cheap. I'll just throw up a picture and see who guesses it. I painted it to match the scheme.
*crappy cell pic*

·
Registered
168 Posts
is it the stress bar??

edit:
damnit Sn4ckM4st3r

quit sniping my posts....
lol

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Is it your water tank cover or perhaps the stress bar?

·
Registered
168 Posts
i think this qualifies as rapidfire posting.....3 responses in less than a minute. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your all wrong. I replaced the muffler bearing. DUH
and i filled the blinker fluid.

but, for realz, bought the strut tower bar as blue yesterday, sanded, primed, and 2 coats of flat black later, boom. Blends in nicely, don't ya think? If the car had more to it, I would of picked a secondary color, like red, and painted a section of it that color, but with it being near stock, i sprayed ti black so it didn't look out of place.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yea, i kinda [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up though. I wanted to make it blend better, so i put the two wires over the top of the bar. After driving, they rubbed through the un-cured paint, and chipped it away. SOOO, it comes back out tomo for 2 more coats, and I am going to run them underneath, and protect it by putting electrical tape on the underside to prvent the paint from being rubbed away.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
good job on the strut tower brace, hows the handling?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Minute change. It's actually the first real aftermarket performance application i've added since i bought the car. I've mostly dabbed on just the visual crap until this(headlights, grill, wheels, tint, turns [see pic below]etc...), if you want to call it performance. with no other suspension pieces to support it, I can hardly tell. Only during hard cornering i can hardly tell. Its just a tad bit more stable through the corner. whenever i get the money, I will get the H&R touring cup kit, and the gains will be more noticeable.

*w/o tint on front windows (35% front 2, 20% in the back)

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It's good to lean on when working on other stuff in the engine bay. [hihi]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^Good enough.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
idk about you guys but it is literally the best thing i've ever done to my car, handling is SO much tighter, understeer is ZERO, i don't rub in quick left-right turns, and its great to lean on haha

best bang for your buck in my opinion...you are all liars [;)]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if the car had more suspension modifications to compliment it, it would probably have been more noticable.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
...understeer is ZERO...
[limp] If that bar actually did what it was supposed to, you'd have MORE understeer. The firewall is right there though, so these bars are pretty redundant on Focuses. I don't know about your car, but my firewall doesn't flex up and down. Yikes!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts