Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i finally after 4 months of trying to sell my wheels...i put them on my car. so glad i didnt sell them. they look awesome. they are the saleen focus wheels. i got a bad ass deal on kuhmo tires $316 for 4 brand new. only thing now i gotta lower it. anyone have suggestions on a good lowering leval for a 17 inch rim with a 49 off set?

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i have the svt kit, its a very good price for under 300 for everything you need, gives you good ride and awesome handling, personally tho my rear is still a bit higher get the eibach sportlines, they'd look great, most ppl like them as well

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought of the eibach ones...probably wat ill get.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Need pics man, and your gonna LOVE the car being lowered it just feels so much better.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i took pics tonight on my phone...ill put them online when i firgure it out. im amped about getting it lowered. i heard it will make it feel a lot better

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Go for the Eibach Pro-System and the Progress rear sway bar...damn does the car handle good with this setup...

Mike

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^wish i had a swy to get rear sway, i know i need one, back end feels kinda loose on hard corners...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^

I actually bought my new car with one and coming from the LX that did not have one the diffrence is HUGE.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I put a rear sway on mine all you need is two pieces of metal with 3/8ths holes about 2.5 inches from each other, mig welder optional

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Or hope that the car already has the appropriate factory mounts...I have an early 2000 model year car and it came with the mounts already there.

Mike

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
funny how i posted about rims now its about rear sway...thats cool though. i should get one too

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Hey now, I answered your question though too...like I said before, I think the Eibach Pro-System or something else with about a1.5" drop would look great with the 17's...along with the Progress rear sway bar.

Mike

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
dont drop any more than the pro-kit. i have a feeling it will rub especially in the sedan. I'm putting those in this week. I'll let ya know how she sits.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
+1.

My experience with 16" wheels and sportlines leads me to recommend not going any lower than the pro-kit as well.

Although I still have to put on the camber kit so that may take care of of my rubbing issues.

No issues with the 15" wheels but the width of the 16" wheels (and 17's are even wider) makes them rub occasionally.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
The rubbing issue is all dependent on the wheels used...with that said, I'm not sure how the 49mm offset will work with the sportlines, but I have seen a sedan, with the sportlines, with 18's without any rubbing issues, without rolling the fenders. But I do agree, go with the Pro-Kit or something with a similar drop.

Mike

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
^^

About 500.00 for the kit (springs, shocks, and struts)

I am not sure of the price of the full system with the anti roll bars and all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts