Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it back! They didn't detail it though. I'm not trying to be a pain in the rear, and the car is only 2 weeks old so it isn't dirty but there are a few grass clippings on the carpet and I can tell they didn't wash it. Should I complain?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if ( they said "we will wash the car"){
return yes;
}
else{
return no;
}

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
el_pio> they didn't say they would, the point is that in my SVT owner's manual it says that they are required to do so.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
you can try to make them...
BUT....you know something can happend to it...
its like eating t restaurants...you cant complain about dinner...or else...

Joel

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's true, and I just re-read and it does say I have to request it, and I didn't notice that, so I didn't

·
Registered
132 Posts
When you drop your SVTF off they are required per the agreement they made with SVT when they were licensed as a SVT dealer to Wash and vaccum your SVTF. That only means wash and dry your car... No waxing or anything like... Not a "REAL" detail!

FYI

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imajsdaddy said:
When you drop your SVTF off they are required per the agreement they made with SVT when they were licensed as a SVT dealer to Wash and vaccum your SVTF. That only means wash and dry your car... No waxing or anything like... Not a "REAL" detail!

FYI
Yes, and if you read my original post it says I can tell that it was not washed

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dropped mine off to try to get the updates done and she thought it was a normal foci until I gave her a print out and it came up i was on the SVT board when she went to check on the car she noticed it was a SVT then she made sure to ask if i wanted it washed and vac. so i agreed OK and thet got all the grass clippings

did you tell them it was a SVT when you sat down to get it serviced??????????? I didn't so they tought is was a plain ZX5 until noticed then all was bought up

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dpm2000bolt said:
did you tell them it was a SVT when you sat down to get it serviced??????????? I didn't so they tought is was a plain ZX5 until noticed then all was bought up
I don't recall if I said it initially but I know that I did when they said they weren't going to give me a loaner.... and I think it was kind of a given since right on the back it says SVT, and whoever drove it from the service lot into the service bay would have had to notice that there were six count them six (6) forward gears and reverse was way over by the driver.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
jollyjohnj said:
I don't recall if I said it initially but I know that I did when they said they weren't going to give me a loaner.... and I think it was kind of a given since right on the back it says SVT, and whoever drove it from the service lot into the service bay would have had to notice that there were six count them six (6) forward gears and reverse was way over by the driver.
You'd think, but dealers can be surprisingly stupid sometimes. At my last oil change, everyone at the dealer was like "wow, an SVT Focus!" (it wasn't an SVT dealer) and were oohing and aahing over the car and yet - when I got the car back, it was covered in greasy, oily handprints, the guy had spilled oil on the exhaust system (weeks later and I still can smell burning oil at times), and even managed to get oil on my blue cloth door insert!! Beyond that, the service cashier check-in lady kept trying to sell me on tires, saying the front ones were a "safety hazard" due to their low tread. Yeah, thanks, but I'll be concerned when the tread gets down to the treadwear indicators. Ever seen a low-profile tire, lady? Sheesh.

·
Registered
76 Posts
jollyjohnj said:
well the ladie sits at a desks and can view the car out in a drive through never getting in the car with all the information in the computer listing it as a zx5 since that is what it is like a COBRA is a Mustang and a Lighting in a F-150

but I learned when i first bring it in tell them it is a SVT focussince the person I talk to will never get in it to drive it and might miss the label on the back

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I was looking at a pamphlet that came witht the car & it says the 2002 model SVTs get a loaner & get cleaned but doesn't specifically list 2003 models. Do the 2003 models get the same treatment as the 2002 models?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Infra3sv said:
I was looking at a pamphlet that came witht the car & it says the 2002 model SVTs get a loaner & get cleaned but doesn't specifically list 2003 models. Do the 2003 models get the same treatment as the 2002 models?
Yes, *ANY* SVT product gets this treatment, it's one of the perks of buying Ford's "Special Vehicles" so all Focuses, Mustangs, and trucks that are SVT's are eligible for this - however it seems the dealer usually has to be poked and prodded a little bit for them to finally give you this treatment. [confused]

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2003 SVT ower's supplement says, "The dealership will also wash and vacuum the customer's vehicle, unless requested otherwise." That means they should unless you ask them not too. If you ever have a problem with a dealer you need to call 800-FORD-SVT. I don't know what kind of whip they have up there, but it must sting. Really any Ford product, I had a problem with my Ranger and the dealer was no help. I called Dearborn, MI. and the next day the dealer called me and asked me to bring my truck in so they could fix the problem. OUCH!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Will my age exempt me from the free loaner car? I'm only 19 which means I can't rent a car here in Michigan. It's my name on the title, will or can they deny me the loaner car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would say no. It says "loaner car", doesn't say anything about a rental.
[thumb]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts