·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks pretty good. Will you eventually find something more durable than the plastic zip ties to secure it? The zip ties will weaken and break in a short period of time.

Yea i'm making a bracket fot it here shortly. Ill post pics up of the intake I made for a 05' Maxima and the intercooler piping for my Datona tomorrow

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Zo1985, thanks SO much for posting pics!!! You know what they say is true, a pic is worth a thousand words, descriptions don't do nearly as well. I like it man. I've been doing the Stealth CAI for over 2 years now, it's time for a change dang it. I really appreciate you responding and posting pics!!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
you used the stock maf tube right?

if so, that looks better than most i have seen. nicely done.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
very well done, nothing wrong with zipties, i had them holding my old one on for over two years with no problems...and real race cars are held together with zipties anyways

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Zo1985, thanks SO much for posting pics!!! You know what they say is true, a pic is worth a thousand words, descriptions don't do nearly as well. I like it man. I've been doing the Stealth CAI for over 2 years now, it's time for a change dang it. I really appreciate you responding and posting pics!!
HA no problem man, and yea I had a short ram intake I had on for 2 yrs and I noticed that the hotter my car was the slower it got. So I was like screw this and just got a hair up my butt and decided to just make a CAI, cuz I didn't have the money to buy one off line or anything. I thought it turned out very well, and I noticed an immediat difference in the performance and gas milage, I was overly impressed lol. All the people that I have made one for really like it and noticed a difference from it. More pics will be posted later tonight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you used the stock maf tube right?

if so, that looks better than most i have seen. nicely done.

Yes I did use the factory MAF housing for this, and thanks alot for the positive feed back. I made another one for a 07' focus during the week and she was very pleased with it. I supplied everything even the housing with a brand new MAF sensor.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very well done, nothing wrong with zipties, i had them holding my old one on for over two years with no problems...and real race cars are held together with zipties anyways

Hey thanks for the comment, and your right real race cars are held together by zipties lol. The race car I use to drive and work on was held together by alot of zipties lol. but I have fabbed a bracket for the professional look lol. Thanks again

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
please do post up more pics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
looks almost exactly like my K&N, just with more connections. haha. i think the K&N tubing is a little bigger too. nice for a DIY job though.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
Hella ghetto, but if it works, then why not right? What did it cost all together?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
why do u think it looks ghetto? i think it looks almost professional...black and sleek. not ricey, etc.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
here u go man...make it a bit easier to show it off here....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nicely done... Makes it nice using the stock MAF tube, making a hole and trying to get the damn thing to fit on a round tube just aint worth the time and effort.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
HA no problem man, and yea I had a short ram intake I had on for 2 yrs and I noticed that the hotter my car was the slower it got. So I was like screw this and just got a hair up my butt and decided to just make a CAI, cuz I didn't have the money to buy one off line or anything. I thought it turned out very well, and I noticed an immediat difference in the performance and gas milage, I was overly impressed lol. All the people that I have made one for really like it and noticed a difference from it. More pics will be posted later tonight.

what part of MA are you in? im in NOVA. how much would you charge to make one for an 08? after being on here, im getting a slight mod bug and want a CAI for my car and can't afford to go one. i also don't have any real tools to do work, i do have a 18v cordless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nicely done... Makes it nice using the stock MAF tube, making a hole and trying to get the damn thing to fit on a round tube just aint worth the time and effort.....
Thanks, yea the stock MAF housing worked out perfect. No problems what so ever lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts