Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the Thread below back in September

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172473

A brief recap: Basically I had some stage 1 Ken Crane cams install in my 06 ST. Job was done by my Nephew. After the job was completed we began to hear this tapping noise from the left front of the engine. We could not find what or where this noise was coming from. We got a Stethoscope, and what we could determine it was coming from the manifold. This didn't make much sense though.

I work 2 jobs 7 days a week, so my time, well don't have any.....LOL. Anyway over the past months the noise had seem to get louder, but performance of the car never seem drop off or perform like it was an internal engine problem. When you heard it though you just knew some was amist in the engine. 2 weeks ago I go to get oil change and guy was like, sorry can't do it, you got engine problems. I was like "no it's not the engine". He went on and changed the oil after I said, look you are not responsible.

Finally got a week off this week, took it to my dealer, service manager was like, you hear for that noise huh. He was a good 10-15 yards from me when I pulled up. He and another guy listened and was like . "sounds like a lifter dropped. no worry you got the 100,000 powertrain warranty plus your extended" I didn't mention the cams, figured they would see themselves. He said it would take a week, Ford Rep would need to check for misuse before ok'ing the job.

'Well next morning, he calls and says good news it not the engine it's the manifold, we going to replace that and see from there, and then adds thats covered under the emissions warranty so no charge.

Well he calls today says ok come get your car, it's done, it was the manifold, we replaced it and tapping noise gone. No mention about any of the mods I had on the car. AEM CAI, the cams, or the Magna flow exhaust system.

So now I can after 4 months really see how the car is with the cams. If anyone could tell me what in the manifold would cause that type of tapping noise please do. I am just happy it's over.[:D]

·
Registered
596 Posts
apparently you at least have a good dealership to deal with....

never seem tumble flaps, but I have seen tumble weeds.. w texas - late 1970's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts