Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
beautiful man,simply beautiful.did you do all the work yourself?? great installs!!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Looks good Kelly.

I'm sure the CDT woofers are lovin' the 150w and giving you some strong midbass.

How's that Clarion center channel working out?

How do you like the overall sound of the system?

I'd have a little concern about the amps. How are they getting air?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks nice good job on the install

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys again!

@focus the "cover" to the amps are made from this nifty 1/4 plastic stuff i found at the local hardware store, i drilled 3/4 inch holes like cheese into it then carpeted over it, if you notice the screws in the sub amp box they are there to quick check the amp temp untill i am happy with the cooling then i will nail it down with finish nails so that it looks factory. i didnt want fans running so i hope the cheese hole convection will work like i hope.

my review of the center channel:
in my last system i mounded a 4" alpine into the roof material. it sounds about the same as this thing. there is nothign special about it i actually dont like the sound that much and only run it when whatching movies. its too "can" sound for me the plastic box its in almost makes it seem like its making the whole dash rattle, for the fit i give it top marks for the sound ...ehh i havent heard better (for box car center channels) but seriously unless you build your own what do you expect.

overall sound. well the AVHp7600 is just like the 7500 so you can change the dynamics on the fly. there is time allignment and a full eq. so it can soudn however you want. personally i think it sounds AWESOME the upper stage keeps it crisp as a bell and the sub fills everything else. i am slightly worried that i am pushing the cdt's mid a little hard but i need to hook back up my laptop to verify my thoughts, i noticed it after i reset my stereo so i must have a eq setting messed somewhere. the overall sound is amazing - if you wonder what my "reference" to amazing sound is my home speakers are a set of cerwin vegas ls15's if you know the speakers then you know what type of sound i like from my stereo. my only complaint is that i am now out of power in the focus. i have no more amps from my alternator to give out ... so if i want to make it pump any more blood into my ears i need to get a new alternator. but i will wait for now. i need my ears in 60 years i think.

lets just say that metalica black will make you pee

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The ES mids can handle the power.
Just make sure your signal isn't going into clipping though.

It may be tough to find someone, but I had an oscilloscope hooked up the end of the RCAs to check what volume level my HU started to clip, which was 32 out of 35. I set 30 as my max, and then set the amp gains up to my listening volume limit.

Rip the dash out and put a 4" component set in the center. [;)]

Can you play 2ch DVD-Audio?

·
Registered
365 Posts
yeah, that's gotta be the worst setup i've ever seen. it's not like any of that looks quality or clean, and i bet it sounds like shite, too. hahaha.

no, seriously...i wanna be you when i grow up. that looks so nice! i want at least half that...hehehe. great job! i hope mine looks that nice when i'm finished.

·
Registered
365 Posts
just noticed this...haha. lol @ sony on the door panels. nice way to stealth the system!

·
Registered
23 Posts
How well does the Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface from PAC Audio..
I was gonna go for a clarion HU because they have one of these available for their HUs
But if its possible to hook at alpine HU up to the remote i would love too.

Does it work with all the buttons?

Nice Set Up BTW..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow very nice =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts