Focus Fanatics Forum banner

To each thier own, but let me here it...

• Keep the grills

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Billet grills

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Stock grills

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Euro grills

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Keep the exhaust

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Change it

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Too much red in the engine bay

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Too little red in the engine bay

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Over all it rocks, above avg.

• Over all it sucks, just another SVT Focus.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock is boring. Most guys hate it, few love it, some could care less. But I didn't do it for anyone but my self. I like it just fine. But I really want some nice billet grills, just can't fine'em. Only the Black Euro styles.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Havelock is near Morehead City.

I actually kinda like the grill. Nice ride man

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Nice numbers bro, dig everything except the grill. Oh, and you spelled 'piranha' wrong...didn't know if you did it on purpose or what. You know kids and their slang these days... [;)]

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I LOVE the car, the red could be expanded and made a theme most def, but just the grill looks odd. The exhuast I say looks odd, but may sound godly, so no comment on that. But nice charger man!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Not too shabby....

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Definately lose the grill, and add the ST170 or Euro grill

....Est. 300HP with that setup? Nice. I plan on going S/C, and just curious of what is giving you more than 225HP with that S/C.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i like the car, the grill is definitly bold...but what springs are those on the rear because its looks like the spring is fully compressed while sitting...[???:)]

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nice car, but it would look even better with a nice BLACK euro grill (keep the red under the hood) otherwise great job IMO.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
looks pretty good. either color match the silicon elbow for the vortech, or paint in engine bay accents black again.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
CAIS95 said:
i like the car, the grill is definitly bold...but what springs are those on the rear because its looks like the spring is fully compressed while sitting...[???:)]
I was wondering that to, seems like the ride would be horribly bumpy. Anyways, all i voted for was a euro grill...not that the red bothers me cause it doesnt, but i think the euro grill makes the front end look so much nicer. BTW, your est hp, thats not whp is it? Sick car[thumb]

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sure would like to hear a sound clip of your exhaust.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yeah me too, side pipes are cool but, not on a four banger. But what would have made this cooler if you let the sidepipes come out through the rocker panels.

very nice

Logan

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

The springs that are touch are called dead coils. They keep the tires planted over bumps, and helps the weight transfer not to rock to the back on launches. The ride is not much different from stock. Just less roll, and sag.

As far as whp. A Vortech H.O. @ 8-9psi avgs 240whp. I'm at 13psi, with a fuel upgrades. I need a MAFia soon. 299whp and 258wtq. 13.4 @ 110mph, on street tires @ 28psi. on the stock clutch btw.

For anyone that's in the NC, Jacksonville area and want to check it out, I go to the track, at least once a week, sometimes more. I'd love to see more Foci thier. The only other two that comes to the track is a JRSC one that runs mid 14.s. And a ZX3 a Steeda'd out with a 2.3 d all alluminum block, but this kid is a ricer. He once told me it ran low 12.s at 130mph. But whne he finaly came out to the track, he only ran the 8th, and trapped low 11.s at 61mph!!! ha ha ha. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell he still thinks he runs 12.s I drove it to a best of 10.6 in the 8th at 68mph. I gave it all I had. But other then the fact the kid is a ricer, the car looks sharp.

Thier are still many things I want to do to my car, but I'm in the process of a PCS. I'm in the Marines and getting ready to transfer again. So when I get settled in I'll start the new mods.
-Makeing larger crank pulley
-MAFia
-billet grills
-red couplers
-Mach 1 splitter
-CM Stage 2
-vented fenders
-larger heat exchanger
-larger ice box
-better e-fans
Thier's more, but this is all thats on the top of my head.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts