Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the wheels since the end of April, but havent really had a good day to wash the car. But I finally did and here are the pics.

The wheels are an ULTRA RARE set of Rota Subzero in the TITANIUM CHROME finish (only 5 sets were ever made in the color). The finish on the wheels is incredible. Just looking at the wheels, you'd never know that they weren't actually chrome. And the great thing is that they still weight next to nothing. The specs on the wheels are

17x7.5 with an offset of +45 and are hubcentric (63.35 bore)

The tires were FREE thanks to Steeda (won them in the raffle) and are Dunlop Direzza DZ101 sized 215/40/17. I'm pretty impressed with the tires as they seem to handle the 270lb/ft pretty well. I still have no traction in first and second, but thats okay... The tires also have a HUGE rim protection lip on them that makes the tires appear to be "stretched" Weird look, but its growing on me. Well, here are the pics:

And just to clarify, the taillights are stock US tails with orange vinyl over the reverse lights and Lamin-x over the entire thing. I converted the reverse lights to be my turn signals. Here is a short video of them in action: http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/18000445359.wmv They are MUCH more orange when its dark outside though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm diggin those wheels, and that spoiler too, I'm not a huge fan of spoilers, especially on front drive cars, but what spoiler is that. Props to you for a freakin' sweet ride.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
you have one sick azz ride. very nice! i second the wing motion. not one for that style usually because people set them too high. but that looks great. very nice and smooth.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
niiiceee ride man...screw the taillights, lets see that 300hp beast in action [hihi] [driving] [burnout] [race] [woot]

·
Registered
580 Posts
Awesome wheels. Must be nice to know you have a set of wheels that you are not going to have to worry about seeing too much at all that finish is great too. The wing is lookin good also. May I ask, if you converted your reverse lights to turn signals, where are the reverse lights?

Get a few more posts under your belt and I smell a rid eof the month....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Few more posts under my belt.... Its so funny that I've been a member for as long as I have and have so few posts. I guess I make up for it on "the other board"

The spoiler I got straight from Europe when it first came out over 5 years ago. It was made specifically for the Focus T230 built by Montune Racing.

And in regards to the VIDEOS... http://www.putfile.com/tobyboom

I've got a few there!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
rims are freakin HOOOOT!!! the overall look is awsome!!!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looking AMAZING!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I see why you have traction problems...looks like sombody snuck a turbo under your hood...don't worry though..i'd be glad to remove it for ya so you have some grip!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Now THAT looks freakin' schweet. It's too late now but I smell a ROTM winner in the coming months[thumb]

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZX3_Chick said:
Now THAT looks freakin' schweet. It's too late now but I smell a ROTM winner in the coming months[thumb]
I snuck in the submission in the last day.... WOOT!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
That ride looks sweet. I LOVE those wheels! Good choice.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad the wheels are well accepted. I was fearing most would think they were kinda ricey/blingy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hehehhehe... I think the Peterbilt sticker is cool, at my work we sell a lot of Peterbilt long and talls, mainly 379s of course...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts