Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my SVT brake kit last weekend. Decided to clean everything up awhile and paint it while it was off the car. I got everything used off of Ebay for $385. I also bought a Russel stainless brake line kit and a Folia-Tec Calpier paint kit. Cleaned with wheel acid and a wire brush the taped off the sliders and rubber bits. The rotors i just machined and painted them with some high temp VHT caliper paint. So here are the results...

I think they turned out great. i have used the Floia-Tec caliper paint before and it still looks good after nearly five years.

Front

Before

After

Rear

Before

After

And here are some other pics of the Russel steel braided lines and some pics without the wheels on.

And a crappy pic of the whole car with the new brakes

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
that looks amazing, a lot of work for svt brakes. But if you got a deal for them. I would have went with stop techs because your car is an amazing piece of art lol. It could have given you a lot more cliper to paint with, plus tons of disc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't worry bigger brakes are one of the mods down the road but most require the svt parts so it was worth it for the price i paid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good.

Nice job on the install.

-Cody

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Very Nice job!! I did the same thing and am very happy with the results. I use the folia-tec paint as well, and that stuff holds up GREAT!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NO i upgraded to those awhile back and then upgraded again to the svt stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts