Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we had our Houston, TX AutoX runs.

And though the GoPro wasn't recording for my run:

I was able to pull ahead at the end in front of those civics ... FINALLY!!! [woot]

I was surprised and happy all at the same time.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
damn nice! im finally taking my svt to the track next friday, gonna race a buddy's civic, was going to race him in my 00 zx3 but i decided to upgrade before the match :D
oh btw, got any shots of you in between those cones?

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely felt great ... one of the guys captured a bit of video. But the GoPro that was connected to my car, just didn't record any video ... [:(]

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn nice! im finally taking my svt to the track next friday, gonna race a buddy's civic, was going to race him in my 00 zx3 but i decided to upgrade before the match :D
oh btw, got any shots of you in between those cones?
Are you talking about a straight 1/4 mile run?

-Ray-

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Nice work, did you have a eureka moment with your lines, or how you were tackling the course? I often have events like that, where I suddenly realize, duh, I should be doing this, and I knock 2 seconds off my time. Way to beat the civics though!

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surprisingly, no. I just knew where to do what at what time from the beginning ...

But just at the last run, pushed it.

Funny thing ... I mentally prepared my mind for failure and just to have fun. Relaxed my mind and my driving style ... smooth driving as oppose to aggressive.

It felt great. It didn't realize how well I did until the guys came to my car and told me ... I DID IT!!!

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ Thanks. I was very surprised to shave that much when I finally came back to the pits.

-Ray-

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ Nice uploads Zab.

Too, bad I couldn't get a recording of my runs. I really wanted to [:(]

Looking at your video ... I think you went to wide on the slalom and slowed down on the turn around and at the end. We can do it man ... Good luck at Divisional. I don't think I will make this last one.

-Ray-

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yup, to wide on the slalom :/
and I was unsure about the way the car would respond at the turn around, if I would've gone any faster, I would've spun out like Izzy lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts