Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to strap down the Foci yesterday at the college I teach at. I gained 70HP with my JRSC and a BBK. Is that right?

I had base-lined my stock motor a few months back after averaging several passes.
Yesterday, we opened up the dyno to the public and let everyone make 1 practice and 2 power passes for $20 just for a fundraiser for our auto club.
Our Mustang dyno has been reading low lately, and guys that showed up just to show off were verifying that we were in fact measuring low. I dynod at 168HP which factors out to 180HP or even a little more at the wheels.

I'm happy, not bad for one day's work, $650 in parts and a tune.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
not baad at all, your JRSC cost you 650? was the guy who sold it smoking something?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I think it was a take-off from a wreck and the person that removed it never bothered to grab the supporting parts. It had a few little pieces missing and I had to buy a couple gaskets. In reality, I think I estimated low, it was more like $720 plus the BBK. [poke]

I scored the expensive alternator and support brackets for $6, that's not a typo, six bucks on ebay. I made the PS reservoir bracket.

All that I got for $650 was the blower and the manifold.
The BBK pretty much filled in the rest.
I re-coop'd some of the $400 BBK cost because I already had an SVT air box.
I bet I spent $1000 or darn near close to it in total.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
thats a little closer to reality..... anyway im glad you are happy with the dyno's. I am looking to install my jrsc bbk soon as well.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
dont you mean larger crank pulley.... or smaller blower pulley....
a smaller crank pulley would result in less psi.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't you mean larger crank pulley.... or smaller blower pulley....
a smaller crank pulley would result in less psi.
I'm sure he meant smaller blower pulley.

Chalon, where can I buy one?
I'm already running the BBK pulley.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i might be a little weary of an over-drive pulley. I have read various times that you can overspin the supercharger even though you are adding 2-3psi, because its hot air, you wont really net that much more HP especially with a jrsc'er. Now if you are going to run wmi or hit it with nitrous thats a different story
but still, for the sake of the durability of the supercharger itself, maybe look into it a little more.
if i wanted to add power to a jrsc, nitrous would be the way i would do it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i might be a little weary of an over-drive pulley. I have read various times that you can overspin the supercharger even though you are adding 2-3psi, because its hot air, you wont really net that much more HP especially with a jrsc'er. Now if you are going to run wmi or hit it with nitrous thats a different story
but still, for the sake of the durability of the supercharger itself, maybe look into it a little more.
if i wanted to add power to a jrsc, nitrous would be the way i would do it.
It's been tried and tuned for with success by someone already.
200HP at the wheels.
Plus, I don't rev mine past 5 maybe 6K so over-spin is a non-issue for me.
I'd rather have the boost sooner.
Chalon, too good of a deal to pass up. I PM'd you back.
Dan-O

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
oh i know its been done, its just the long term that I would be worried about, you will probably be fine but again i might talk to Tom or one of the other tuners to see what they thought about it.
And i dont know how you resist bringing that thing right up to near-redline... wheres the fun in that!
lol anyway im interested to see how everything goes, good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts