Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I finallly got my new Focussport lip installed today after like three months. On their webite they say for those of you on a budget should opt for the fiberglass since it's cheaper or whatnot... it cost me 200 EXTRA bucks to have it painted and installed.

There are few things that I am not happy about with the install that could have something to do with the lip not being EXACTLY shaped right but I somewhat fixed it and will redo it this weekend sometime, you'll see what I talking about in pics below. Anyways here are some pics of it sitting in my crappy getting ready to be re-done driveway and the car is VERY dirty, you are warned... lol

Sexy ones...

Some of the ones that disappoint me...

This is the left side where the lip hangs pretty low from the body line where as it should be pretty close and the part that folds around the bumper started to crack and started to crack the paint but I think we got it in time and the sticky tape is all screwed up... which means I have to get a new roll...[:(]

Then we have the right side that is RIGHT with the lip RIGHT on the body line and the tape is perfect... there are already a few spots where you can see got chipped... these people who installed it kinda pissed me off but oh well...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks ok from far:) I'd be pissed at the people who installed it too. The paint costs money, don't they realize that. Some people just don't care if it's not their car. Car is nice though. the ST's are pretty quick. I like them.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I really like the way the FS lip looks

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah so do I and I am hoping it will look even better when it get installed properly tomorrow.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
What is going on with your grill(s)? Black housing those headlights man, it will set it off.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean whats going on with my grill(s)??? They are the Steeda Billet Aluminum Grills, not the fake ones.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Focus Sport Front Lip

WickedlyFastST,

I have the carbon fiber version of the Focus Sport lip installed on my ST (see my photo gallery) and I did the install myself. Like you I found that apparently the lip is not moulded perfectly to fit the front end and sides. It still looks very good but several spots are not perfect.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks good. . . but you should have just paid the money for the SAP bumper and been done with it. . . [:)]

Obviously I"m biased so ignore me. It's an improvement. Get the install fixed and you'll be happy.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I said on another thread I am not diggin' the front and rear bumper on the SAP's, I do like the rally style spoiler... I had one ordered for like 580 bucks thinking it was coming from the factory painted and come to find out it was just primered so I had to paint it on top of that 580 bucks I decided not to.

I LOVE my lip to death and in my opinion no offense beats the doors off the SAP front bumper. [:D]

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
ok but takes some picutures of the whole car, I need to see the grand schem of things to give u a just opinion.

·
Registered
227 Posts
SAP vs Focus Sport Spoiler

Max Focus

I do like the SAP front and rear, and probably would have ordered it from the factory had it been available on the 2005 ST. In 2006 however, the SAP front end alone cost three times what the Focus Sport lip cost, BEFORE paint and installation. I think I will just wait for the restyled 2008 Focus instead of investing more in my 2005's appearance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive got the FS Lip aswell, I look at it everyday in aw [:)].

I am very happy with it.

Here is mine:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
levelseven said:
Ive got the FS Lip aswell, I look at it everyday in aw [:)].

I am very happy with it.

Here is mine:
that looks sick!! but the grill needs painted aswell...stands out to much but other wise looks incredible [thumb]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Looks good, Matt. My Kaminari lip is the same way. It doesn't fit right on one side but you can't really tell unless you look at it and I know and it bugs the hell out of me.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well levenseven, while looking at yours I see what wrong with mone... the middle should be all the way up to the gap in the lower grille then kinda fall to the body lines... [:D]

·
Registered
583 Posts
i like the bottom lip. looks cute.... but i would yank that shit out of it if i had it installed on my car. my car scratches in the bottom and with that lip on that would be a waste. i have the sportline springs... anyone have the same ones installed and a lip too?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts