Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i woke up today with my mom saying "Adam i think there is a package for u"..i got up saw it..n was like YES..opened it up n was Happy to have my BORLA cat back ...now if i can only get those friggin bolts that connect the flex pipe and the cat back together...id be all set

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
it didnt come w/ those bolts? mine came w/ everything, but if you just need 2 bolts a local partshouse is the place to go

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah mofo, it came with the new bolts to connect the flex pipe and the cat back together.the problem is the old bolts wont come off..they rusted.i put liquid wrench on it but didnt help, they dont even budge. got any ideas how i can remove them?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from moderen performance, it gonna be the only mod i have on my car till i get a job n money....to bad i cant get the friggin thing on cuz the old bolts bein rusted and shyt

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tryed it..n tryed liquid wrench...but the friggin bolts r pissing me off....my dad said using a torch could work..but i dunno bout that lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
Take a portable torch and heat the nuts. As they get hot they expand, breaking them loose. Sometimes you must heat them cherry red. Ive done this alot, works great. Just wear eye protection. Safety first!

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Twofocused has the right idea. If they don't come off when you let the bolts soak for an hour in WD-40, get a torch from your local tool rental and heat those bolts up and you may be able to ket them off. Not sure if a small propane torch will work but you can try if you got one. Good luck.
[whip]

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well my dad is a contractor..he owns alot of shyt..he has a huge fukin torch ....i guess ill try it..i really want that thing on...the only i got on from the package is the sticker lol

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
do you have an impact wrench? that would be ALOT more sencible, or a breaker bar?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think my dad has a impact wrench.. breaker bar..i dunno if he has that...but how would u use that to remove the bolts..i mean i havent heard of the thing till now

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
you put the socket on the impact wrench, since you dont know much about this ask your dad, then put the socket on the bolts and using the air supply that you should have hooked up to the impact, it should unbolt them for you

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol i knew that would happen ..i ment the breaker bar..how would u use that?..ive heard of a impact wrench anyways n ive used an impact wrench ..i was talkin about the breaker bar tho..sorry to misguide u

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
hah oh well a breaker bar works like a ratchet. w/ a long handle, so you can get more force on it

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok cool..thanks for tha advise guys..ill try the impact wrench tommorow if my dad has one around..hopefully he will cuz i want the old one off..got part of it..but anyways..i want the new cat back on!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If all else fails, get an oxyacetylane torch and cut 'em off :). Just be careful where you aim if for some reason you want to keep your old (stock) system.

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you need help installing it man, I live fairly close. Jet let me know, we can probably get it done in like a half hour. I have all the tools here we would need.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts