Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today well actually this evening after work I finally got around to finishing up my new trunk set up . Now all I need to do is just tinker with the setting's and find the sweet spot that I like.

This was what the trunk used to look like .

Infinity Basslink II powered Subwoofer

the new set up Kicker 5 channel amp powering the JL Audio Sub in the box that Stangbanger242 on here built for me with a Tsunami Capacitor.

Channel 1 is powering my Infinity Kappa 5 1/4 components in the kick panels .

Channel 2 is powering the rear door speakers that I use for my staging .

Clarion Head Unit dvd player powering my front door speakers . All the door speakers are Alpine 6x8's

And now on to the pictures

This was the mess I had

And now this

Last Week jumped in on doing some sound proofing with Fat Mat , and everything was pretty much in for test fitting purposes.

And now the finished product . :)

[ohcrap] [:)~] [pray] [headbang] [driving]

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
nice little system.

side note notice better handling with the brace? (PM me if you don't want to clutter your thread)

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
IT looks really clean man. Nice work!

Amy Winehouse died today.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice little system.

side note notice better handling with the brace? (PM me if you don't want to clutter your thread)
Its cool , The rear end doesn't roll at all with the bar like it did without it but I've got every brace that you can get for the car . So it sits on the road and squats in the turns at a high rate of speed . :) Of course I mean the posted speed limit nothing illegal . [driving]

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reason I went with the Basslink , I thought that I wouldn't want to do anything to the car since it was supposedly gonna be a gas saver but , well things have turned out quit different than what was intended.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It always seems to be like that :p plan one thing and completely goes off the rails

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks wayyy clean and plenty of trunk space deffinitly a nice set up. Just a question though did you notice a difference when sound deadening you trunk floor, spare tire area? Im thinking about doing mine

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted via FF Mobile mitchv, do it. I can tell a huge difference in bass response. Also less road noise coming from that area too.
I got the complete trunk kit from Fat Mat.com for a total of $55 and it is so super sticky stuff. So be sure you have it where you want it before you set it down or yo'll not get i back off.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dont have the money for fat mat but I did have a generic sound deadener laying around I put I covered the bottom trunk and spare tire aread and got around the rear shocks made a noticable improvement!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile mitchv, do it. I can tell a huge difference in bass response. Also less road noise coming from that area too.
I got the complete trunk kit from Fat Mat.com for a total of $55 and it is so super sticky stuff. So be sure you have it where you want it before you set it down or yo'll not get i back off.
WD-40 is really good to remove deadener with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts