Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and really test it out. Drove from Spokane, WA to Tacoma, WA. I was very impressed with the performance and handling, especially when going through Vantage and Snoqualmie pass. Had plenty of power to maintain whatever speed I wanted. Makes me even more happy I bought it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...and I will never top it out, but I do want more acceleration off the line. Not sure what else you want to know. It's the 3rd best vehicle I have ever owned, and the 2nd best car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It at least gets close to the EPA figures

My Focus gets closer to the EPA figures than any I have ever had. I think it is the least underpowered car that I have had.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
you havent experienced a long trip in a focus like myself. used to have a 2001 focus se before i traded that in for a 2003 zts. i drove from california to maryland in the 2001 focus without any problems. i went through some mountains and the car was great

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Drove my 2003 Zx3 from Seattle,WA to Los Angelos, CA and back this summer in July.
It was hot and alot of stop and go in the foothills of LA County and LA.
My thermometer in the car was showing +110F and was topped out.
I had no AC so I was getting a little cranky.[;)]

My car never overheated and I got like +36mpg.

I now have 20K+ miles and the car is still going strong.[thumb]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I averaged about 29mpg, and I just took the trip back on Saturday. Lots of snow in Snoqualmie pass and not only did I get good gas mileage on the way back, I found that my little Focus did great in all the snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts