Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got it in. Car runs smooth and has a nice sound to it. The engine seems to rev a lot smoother. Dont really know yet if it made any more power. I am going to the drag strip next sunday so we will see then. Here are a couple of pic of the install.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
wow nice job man. That intake kit cost you probably 20 - 30 bucks? wicked awesome

I have one of those elbow pieces i want to use to extend my intake, but need to move my battery first. seems like a good prodcut

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like the stealth CAI's because I feel like they're better protected from catching water and experiencing the feared hydrolock. I want to get a true CAI... but man a 30-dollar 5-7hp improvement would be nice.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Very nice job indeed! I have been running the Stealth for about 3 years now and I have had no problems at all. It is real easy to change the filter and it sounds real cool.

·
love my red focus
1,793 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you don't mind, tell us how it goes performance wise... and not to mention where you got that pipe. might just copy you [:D]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
pipe looks like the Spectre kit from AutoZone

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Very well done, looks clean.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
probably one of the better stealths ive seen
agreed

wow nice job man. That intake kit cost you probably 20 - 30 bucks? wicked awesome

I have one of those elbow pieces i want to use to extend my intake, but need to move my battery first. seems like a good prodcut
umm...wicked? ha! thought that was only a boston thing!

Very nice job indeed! I have been running the Stealth for about 3 years now and I have had no problems at all. It is real easy to change the filter and it sounds real cool.
i ran it too...best mileage i got was with it, and my borla combined.

I like the stealth CAI's because I feel like they're better protected from catching water and experiencing the feared hydrolock. I want to get a true CAI... but man a 30-dollar 5-7hp improvement would be nice.
the original FS does the same, bending up like that...only thing better is that the curve is better in the top than the stock carbon chamber

Thats what I thought. Oh well plastic better for not conducting heat.
yup. wont rust either.

OP: thing looks friccin fantastic, good job. rep to you for actually posting the parts, the install, all at once.

edit: best use ever of multi-quote.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks every one. and yes those are all spectre parts. I can hardly tell I have an intake on sound wise. Its a lot quieter than I figured it was going to be.
BTW I used the blue air filter, a 60 degree and a 90 degree bend probably cost 40 dollars

·
Registered
282 Posts
I want to do this too....where you get the parts from? Local to you or a chain store like Auto Zone or Pep Boys?

BTW...we should have a sticky called Low Budget (Yet Effective) Mods...

I am giving you Rep also sir!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want to do this too....where you get the parts from? Local to you or a chain store like Auto Zone or Pep Boys?

BTW...we should have a sticky called Low Budget (Yet Effective) Mods...

I am giving you Rep also sir!
Thanks, Got all the stuff from Auto zone. I think the most annoying part was pulling the stock air filter out

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks, Got all the stuff from Auto zone. I think the most annoying part was pulling the stock air filter out
Cool...what should I go in there looking for? I doubt the sales person will know what I am talking about when I go in asking about the "Ford Focus stealth intake kit"...LOL...

You said Spectre so...I imagine there is a shelf with Spectre stuff on it and the associated filter right? Was there a specific filter size or pipe diameter I should look for?

Thanks in advance for the help!

JBZ

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
"wicked" is a maine thing.[bootyshak
I lived in Hampden and Winterport for a combined 6 years..

"oh ya bub, lets go down to the rivah, later eat some lobstah... get in the cah and drive down to the sto-wah" LOL.....

I admit... that is some downeast maine right there...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Cool...what should I go in there looking for? I doubt the sales person will know what I am talking about when I go in asking about the "Ford Focus stealth intake kit"...LOL...

You said Spectre so...I imagine there is a shelf with Spectre stuff on it and the associated filter right? Was there a specific filter size or pipe diameter I should look for?

Thanks in advance for the help!

JBZ
Its a universal kit. Correct me if im wrong but i think its down their bling aisle

1 - 20 of 86 Posts