Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Focus Central 65mm Throttle Body!! The thing was extremely easy to install and it looks good, although on the throttle opening "Focus Central" wasn't on there like I thought it would be. First off, after installing the throttle body I noticed a major difference. The gas pedal is soo stiff now and the throttle response is instant. I can hardly keep it reving at a constant rpm now. It's also much more difficult to drive but it seems to breathe so much better. I love this mod! I never noticed much from my intake, exhaust and UDP utnil I put this mod on. Now it seems like I really feel the potential of my other mods. Tomorrow or Sunday I will be porting my 2000 style intake manifold, anyone know where to port it besides the throttle body opening?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
port the runners too. see if u can get someone thats ported them before to do it for u to get the best results.

anyway glad u like the t/b ive been trying to tell everyone on here how much the performance of the car changes even tho on paper it shows 1-2whp. some people just dont get it, but im sure u do now! i love my t/b honestly probably my favorite mod. you'll get used to driving it after a while tho, i remember after i put it on my front tires were kind of bald and id get a lil bit o wheel spin whenever i took off. congrats!

·
Registered
456 Posts
silverfoci said:
It's also much more difficult to drive but it seems to breathe so much better
Yeah, you'll get used to it without even realizing it. Just give it a week or two.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EuroZX3 said:
anyway glad u like the t/b ive been trying to tell everyone on here how much the performance of the car changes even tho on paper it shows 1-2whp. some people just dont get it, but im sure u do now! i love my t/b honestly probably my favorite mod. you'll get used to driving it after a while tho, i remember after i put it on my front tires were kind of bald and id get a lil bit o wheel spin whenever i took off. congrats! [/B]
Yeah, I always remember reading what you wrote about the throttle body and how it is the only mod that you really feel a HUGE difference out of (besides a race header, turbo, sc, or something). I to also would be spinning my wheels every time I took off, but I still have the stock Eagle's with 30010 miles on them. They still have some tread but I need to get some new tires, they suck. When I first put it on I was driving and a mustang cobra pulled up next to me. Mind you, I wasn't trying to race it b/c it's a frieken Cobra!!! But I took off with some wheelspin and he gunned it. Damn those things are faster than I would have ever thought!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congratulations.Glad to hear that you are happy with it.By the way,Focus Central took their logo off the blade and put it on the linkage instead in the form of an FC.Other companies wanted to sell them as their own part and that would be difficult with a big "Focus Central" on the blade.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I really think i am going to get a t/b know.At first i did not think it would make that much improvment.But after reading what all of you wrote i am definitely getting one.How much was the one from F/C?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Congrats on the TB install. I really do know what you mean about the performance difference with the TB. I put mine on the old Focus without even port matching and the ATX was singing. With the Iceman, Diablo Sport and 65 mm TB, the ATX did not act the same. By far this is one of the best installs for the car. As far as bolt ons go that is.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
haha ive always wanted to take off all my mods and see what its like.taking off the motor mounts and t/b would be the most difference.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it shouldn't have any affect on the warranty b/c you can't tell it's aftermarket anywayz. Zarelli, does the motor mount really actually do anything? I never thought that they did anything, they were just something people bought for some odd reason. What do they actually do?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I posted this question in another thread, but was somewhat less related to the part in question.

I am from Australia, looking to import the Focus Central 65mm throttle body. Where is the best place to buy it, as I have been given quotes of around 360 U.S. dollars, for the part?

How much should I expect to pay (without worrying about freight, I have that taken care of)?

Obviously it appears worth it, everyone seems happy with it!

Cheers..... Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts