Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last of what I ordered from Christmas came in today. I've been getting into car detailing a lot lately so I figured I'd actually try some better products so I went with Griot's Garage. Was recommended by a friend and I have to say I love it so far.

Here's what I got.
-Machine polish kit
*6in random orbital
*Clay bar
*Machine Polish #3
*Best of Show wax
*Speed Shine
And I also order some extra stuff to,
-Machine Polish #2
-Wheel Cleaner (approved by BBS)
-Window Cleaner
-Extra Speed Shine (went through it kinda fast)
-15 way hose nozel with soap dispenser
-And finally a carrying case for everything.

Secret compartment for towels

And the polishing kit

Not bad for first try [thumb]

Also for the car I got a few little goodies from CFM..
-Billet anodized blue HVAC knobs
-" " " Oil and Powersteering caps
-Billet key hole bezel
-new plugs
-new thermostat

And finally! I have an ORP I'm hopefully getting.

I know it's alittle late for x-mas threads but I finally got everything I ordered from my x-mas. Let me know what you guys think [thumb]

·
Uber sexy euro time
2,827 Posts
Looking good man. I'm sure all those new lil touches will make it look even hotter.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet ass! if u dont mind me asking, how much did u get all that detailing stuff for? ive also been trying to get into the whole car cleaning and detailing thing. cant wait for nicer weather to give the car a nice cleaning. lol.
With just the griots stuff I got, it was right around $300, I also bought some stuff from Meguiars online I forgot to mention, some good all purpose cleaner and some trim dressing for like $30. Not to mention all the other stuff I have aswell which is mostly Meguiars Mirror Shine stuff and my favorite wax lately has been Turtle Wax liquid paste, it was $6 and looks good and is extremely easy to apply and remove. My roommates dad wants me to do his S4 and is gonna pay me like $125. I've been toying with the idea of opening a detail shop sometime in the future so I figure it's good practice [thumb]

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I like the last pic, the background is just sweet

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i just picked up the same oil/ps caps and the rear plug, theyre great little add-ons [thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks really good....

get anything for the bike?

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
thats the professional way to washing a car. so does any of those products remove any kind of light scratches and swirl marks?

·
Registered
752 Posts
nice... who did you order your orp from.. i cant find any place that has them in stock besides egay

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Wow, that detailer's kit looks very pro! Use it! Use it! Use it! Pics! Pics! Pics!

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
mmmm i love my some sonic blue svt action. that car is gorgeous :)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
nice! I love the paint job on the center stack! I need to finish mine and repaint it...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats the professional way to washing a car. so does any of those products remove any kind of light scratches and swirl marks?
Oh yes. With the Machine Polish 3 it took out probably 80% of swirls so I bought the Machine Polish 2 which is slightly heavier. The wax is great to, dries to a rock hard finish and looks amazing.

Wow, that detailer's kit looks very pro! Use it! Use it! Use it! Pics! Pics! Pics!
Here's my thread from when I did polish it....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183986

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
sweet i like the ac knobs ,and that pic in the snow is very nice

·
Registered
743 Posts
nice man. At first i scrolled through the pictures before reading anything and at first i
thought you got a meth lab for christmas. ( just run through the first few pictures, you'll
see it too

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A meth lab?? Hahaha that's odd.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts