Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after months of trying to rewire and blowing many a fuses I finally have the euro lights installed. and damn they look good.
Another board gave me a tip. and it worked wonders.
Take the sockets from a 88 buick regal. get a dremel and edge down the sides just a little bit. they are almost a perfect fit. and once the sides are sanded down, they are a perfect fit. cap the wires off and your good to go. im happy now. now if only lowering kit would come in, then my car would almost be complete. [cheers]

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
hey you and i might have the same euro tail lights, i blow bulbs all the time because the socket were wrong and i didnt know where to get the correct one's that fit. same tails and body kit huh :eek:) thats pretty cool. i didnt think anyone had my tails. are yours the lexus stly smoke tails from europe???

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
yo, we got the same tails, mine are just smoked lenses with black housing instead of chrome
so you said an 88 buick, im tired of blowing bulbs... i have to order new tails the got ruined from the head of the bulb and melted alittle bit :eek:( check out my "gallery" you'll see my tails.. my body kit wasent installed then... but when i paint it ill get some pics up of the new lookin ride

·
Registered
538 Posts
LOL, hate to tell ya but eurolite makes lights just like that are made for US spec foci.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey toast,

How did you go about running the turn signal wires to the rear? As far as I know, you have used neither smurf's nor mine methods to do that. Could you just briefly describe the process? Thanks [thumb]

P.S. I will also go to Germany but only for a 3-week vacation. Finally I will get to drive on a real autobahn... oh boy, am I excited! [:D]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sure thing

its rather easy. the sockets and the wires from the regal are almost the same. you just need to leave enough room on both ends to solder or cap the wires. didnt have to rewire anything. just a basic cut and splice for the sockets. if you turn on your blinker and its blinks 2x as fast, change the wires from running from the car to the sockets. ie, blinker and brake wires. then they will be normal speed.

i read yours and smurfs way of doing it, but this way, you will have a brake, turn, and reverse light. and a lot less of a headache from trying to rewire it [:)] once i got the first socket shaped right, it only took about 10 min for the other 3, and maybe 15 min to install them in the car.

its dark now, but if you want, i can take some pictures tomorrow and show you what i mean.

have fun on the autobahn. i know i did when i was there years ago.

brian

·
Registered
251 Posts
Toast, photos would be handy [thumb] What about a reverse light?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I wish i would have known that you were trying this, i work for Ford and did some research and found that all the sockets that you needed will work directly from a Contour or Mystique. I have a set of RS tails and am fixing to do the same install. I went to a salvage yard and got the whole wire harness out of a contour for $10.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts