Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and i dont mean making it yourself either...

mods, i already posted this in the sticky, please let me know if posting in a thread is a bad idea too... not trying to get in trouble while im new...

ok so here's what i put in the CAI questions, just wanted every duratec owner aware of a new solution (hopefully- since i dont know too much i would like some feedback)

has anyone heard of, or know anything about, HPS CAIs, or BlingLights SRIs? just a friendly heads up to my new community... THERE ARE 2.0L DURATEC CAI (the hps ones) for like $150. ok i dont work for them i just saw them and want information before i buy. anyones impressions? also BlingLights has a SRI for like 50 bucks but on their actual website under "performance parts" it just say "coming soon" so thats kinda shady for me but i found both on ebay, so here they are...

Blinglights: (if you google "BlingLights", it will go to their website practically the first link)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&item=150288558415

HPS: (look nice, no info on them so i dont know anything about them)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&item=270255822050

please let me know what you guys think (finally a cheap cai for us duratec owners?!?)
and if you like them dont buy them all, leave one for me!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
links don't work. You never know what you get on eBay unless it's from reputable company.
Seriously company with a name BlingLights doesn't sound very good to me.
I wouldn't buy those, just because not a lot of people have it and it's not well known company.
The only intakes worth considering are listed in the CAI thread.
You can buy one of those, but you need to think about how it will effect your engine in the long run?
Good filter costs $50 alone.
I wouldn't trust those cheap intakes with my engine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try now, i re-did it... if that doesnt work, type in "hps focus intake" or "07 focus intake" or "2007 focus intake" into ebay and they should be obvious... but try the links again

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Go with the HPS its just a FS knock off with a gauze type filter. Great deal for a CAI.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, i just checked, and the bling one doesnt mention duratec, my bad i assumed, it doesnt mention any engine type... tooo risky... if anyone was willing to try it thatd be good, but i think ill try the hps and put pics and review it after

or would i be better buying a used focussport for about the same as the hps?
i kinda like the idea/look of the hps but isnt the itg filter better?

also, i dont think the hps looks like a cheap knockoff, even with a new filter, its around 175ish...
also, is a bypass valve worth the extra money for the water protection?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I didnt say cheap, just a knock off=copy of the FS. I personally dont like foam filters, that will be up to you. I really think the HPS is a good set up for the price. JMO.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
yeah the bling one says for 2000-2007 focus, theres 5 different types of engines for the focus throughout these years, i wouldnt buy it. But that HPS one does look just like a Focus Sport CAI, def looks and is worth that 150 bucks! Id buy that one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i dont like foam filters either but honestly only the MAF tube matters...you can have whatever else you want as long as its a good filter and a stock sized MAF tube...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think i am gonna go with that particular hps, i need the usps shipping, the other ones are usually cheaper with the ups shipping. a different listing has 5 available too.

also, what size bypass valve does it look like i should get? not a bad expense for the water risk... or not worth it?

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
x2

links don't work. You never know what you get on eBay unless it's from reputable company.
Seriously company with a name BlingLights doesn't sound very good to me.
I wouldn't buy those, just because not a lot of people have it and it's not well known company.
The only intakes worth considering are listed in the CAI thread.
You can buy one of those, but you need to think about how it will effect your engine in the long run?
Good filter costs $50 alone.
I wouldn't trust those cheap intakes with my engine.
beef is completly right on this one. you can buy the ones on ebay , but dont expect the quality to be there uless its a name that you know. its ebay people, com-on really
? i say it all the time.YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! if you want a cheap cai just do the stealth untill you can afford a cai system, a good one.[driving]

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have bought over a 1000 items off of ebay in the last 8 years. I have only had a few problems with items I purchased. The OBX header is on ebay and it has a lot of positive reviews. The HPS is just a FS knock off with a different filter. The found that there is a market for a lower priced filter, so they made one. Also like I said before a member on here purchased one and gave it good reviews.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i did say somthing about a name that you can trusy,,,(but dont expect the quality to be there uless its a name that you know) people go on ebay all the time to try to find a steal and think they can buy a turbo kit for our cars for under 500 bucks , ebay is hit and miss. if you dont know how to shop ebay you should find somone that does . thats all i was just giving my 2 cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would it be better, in your all opinion, to get a used focussport or the new hps? assume same price.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Outglow filter?

Get either one they will do the same. The hps will allow more air in and the FS will filter better. Just depends on what filter you want. The piping is going to be the same and you use the stock maf tube on both. So pick your filter and buy one. I have mentioned before that I dont like foam filters, thats JMO though. So go with the filter you want to deal with. The piping will be the same.

BTW you can find an outerwears for the HPS if you want added protection.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
lol the pic with the si looks like they photoshopped the intake on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts