Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at and wanting a Focus RS for almost 2 years. When I watched the prices dropping about 6 months ago after all the attention the HG issue was getting I figured it was time to move. After owning two base ST1's in 2013 and 2015 I was only interested in the base RS. Being the old fart that I am....lol....do not care about the options and was interested mainly in the handling, AWD and drive train of the RS. I do feel like I stole this new RS. Got it two weeks ago and paid $1230 under invoice for it. That is $100 under hold back and under 35K. Knew the RS was awesome and it does not disappoint. I really liked my ST's so going up another level to the RS is quite fun. This RS is like having a 350hp go kart. So to help that out I took advantage of the DTD presidents day sale and bought a set of Pilot 4S tires to replace the factory PSS tire. Having them mounted tomorrow. I ended up buying Nitrous Blue which I did not think I would like but after getting it I love this color and the pearl finish. Photos absolutely do not show the beauty of this NB color. I did have the HG fixed before taking delivery and my dealer did an expert job. Will think about some mods down the road but in time. Just enjoying this RS for now.

I know its pretty quiet around here in the RS threads and have not been here much since getting rid of my 2015 ST but I still do have my 2011 SES Focus and I am always watching.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Awesome, good for you......<3 the Nitrous blue= Ppl need to see this color in person as the pearl really pops.....I'd be all over making the flakes pop. Don't go cheap on polishes making them pop. Get a bottle of WG(Wolfgang uber compound followed up w/ finishing glaze topped w/ WG's Fuzion carnauba....http://autopia-carcare.com

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, good for you......<3 the Nitrous blue= Ppl need to see this color in person as the pearl really pops.....I'd be all over making the flakes pop. Don't go cheap on polishes making them pop. Get a bottle of WG(Wolfgang uber compound followed up w/ finishing glaze topped w/ WG's Fuzion carnauba....http://autopia-carcare.com
Thanks. I am a long time detailer and member of Autopia car care. I have a wide array of different polishes and glazes to make that NB pop. It will be a pleasure doing the detail on this RS. Waiting for a little warmer weather in my area and less winter....lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Just got back from having the Pilot 4S tires installed and all I can say is OMG. Even better.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to hear you finally found a Deal that made sense for you on the car you've wanted for so long!

Enjoy that 'keeper'.
Spot on with that determination. This RS is Focus #7 for me and the longest one I owned was the 2002 ZX5 Zetec for 13 years and 225K miles. My wife's daily driver 2011 SES Duratec is going on 7 years old and 150K miles. Plan on making it to 300K with that SES. If my new RS can last anywhere near as long as these other Focus cars I will be ecstatic.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Thanks. I am a long time detailer and member of Autopia car care. I have a wide array of different polishes and glazes to make that NB pop. It will be a pleasure doing the detail on this RS. Waiting for a little warmer weather in my area and less winter....lol.
What machines do you have? 3401 or a Rupes or a Griots Boss?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What machines do you have? 3401 or a Rupes or a Griots Boss?
Almost moved up to a 3401 but I have been working so many years with my 7424XP and Lake Country pads never did. Machine not so much as important to me as the products used. I am a huge German made Menzerna polishing product guy. Been liking their correction products for a long time. Also have Meguiar professional line too. I am a big Clay guy but recently bought a Cobra clay mitt and its great. For finishing I have a few different glaze products that I have been liking and also using 4star UPP as a last step product over or under one of my glaze products for a long time. I have used so many correction and LSP wax/sealants over the years I have a 4 shelf wire rack with all of them on it in my house...lol. Used to use the hand applied Carnauba waxes for my show cars but that got costly and mostly use glazes and sealants today.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can only imagine how fast the RS is. Be careful with it. Happy times.
Thanks. For its size it feels real quick. But coming from my 2003 and 2004 Cobras then a 2014 Shelby GT500 the Shelby could put a short scare in me sometimes with its power. The RS is a different animal though because of its Go Kart handling and size with the AWD plus its power you do need to be careful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts