Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first let me say I thought it wouldnt happen until I got my header delivered next week, but I ran my car again just for fun. Except this time the temp. was 57 degrees instead of 98. The result [email protected] 91.46. And to make it even sweeter my run was against an 03SVT-ZX5. Here's my slip, and the SVT (no scanner)
Time: 10:32pm
car#--- 5453------ 5632
Dial---
R/T --- 1.069 ------ 1.025
60' --- 2.310 ------ 2.719
330 --- 6.366 ------ 7.099
1/8 --- 9.721 ------10.645
MPH --- 72.74 ------70.49
1000--- 12.582 ------13.702
1/4 --- 14.986 ------16.260
MPH --- 91.46 ------87.95

Dont laugh at my R/T too hard I staged late on my first two runs a didnt have time to get my RPM set before I launched so I made sure I was locked on 2,000 before I left. Launched at 2, slightly feathering the clutch shifted out of 1st as close to the limiter as possible w/o hitting it; about 6450, and power shifted 2to3 at 6250 and held on to 3rd through the traps all the way to the limiter before letting off. The SVT swore I was squeezing and knew nothing about the 2.3 I said I will be when I come back in Feb. All in all it ran better than expected I was hoping for a 15.0 something. I iced the intake manifold and CAI in between runs and dropped from a 15.3 to 14.9. My first run was 5 minutes after I returned back from a 45mile drive to pick up my girl.(heat soaked) Im hoping for 14.6 with the header and 13.6 with the venom kit I will update you with new times in Feb when I go back with my header and Venom kit.

--------------------

03 Duratec [email protected] [email protected]
FC CAI
Sebring 2.5" custom mandrel-bent cat back

·
Registered
793 Posts
sweet times

·
Registered
84 Posts
nice...Those are really impressive times you have there. Good job.

need to work on them 60ft's man...get it down to a 2.2 at least...i was running 2.3's and 2.2's on stock highway tires.

·
Registered
847 Posts
focus said:
How much are you spraying, 100 shot?
not spraying, read again

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bolt ons are FC CAI and 2.5" custom exhaust. You can not get a 2.2 in this car or at least with these tires I mean, too much torque. I also got a 2.2 in my 01 back in 01 with stock tires and just basic bolt ons, too much torque in the 2.3 I came close though 2.310 and that was a lot of momentum off the line with minimal wheel spin I am convinced it will not run a better 60' I'm not cocky but I'm a good driver been going to the drag strip for 8 years(Im25 now) and I do not belive anybody will run a better 60' with the stock P6 Pirrellis.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Are you spraying in your Zetec? That time is really impressive. I understand why your reaction time was bad but what about the other guy's time?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Venom VCN-2000 kit on my Zetec and Venom is using my car for the 2.3 production kit still about 3-months from release but will be on my car within a week. I will be running my Venom at a mild 30% but my Zetec was set at 52% with stock bottom end, but basically every bolt-on I/H/E/Pl/CG/TB/Cams/Head/FR/INJ. It wont run like that everyday just a couple passes down the track, or on the dyno. Its parked now blew out the diff. too much HP but have two other
cars so not in hurry to spend the 1,500 to fix it rather put the money into my girls Duratec.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Dark Shadow Gray Focus ??? Where did you find that color on a Focus ?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Oh no, not this again.... We just went through that on FJ. LOL

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
focaltech said:
Still wondering how he ran a 13.54?
That was on his Zetec. I believe he was spraying that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
focaltech said:
Still wondering how he ran a 13.54?
Read about four post up Venom VCN-2000 Nitrous kit plus almost all bolt-ons I/H/E/Pl/CG/Head/IM/Cams/Inj/ECU plus 88 more Hp at the wheels from Nitrous and drag radials. Tranny held up but eventually blew out my diff. Ran it at Cailornia Speedway dragstrip in 2002. Anybody that went to the track in 2002 should know I had a lot of Focus owners come up to me. Its Yellow with Steeda graphics package and emblems. Worry about you, not me, no wait I forgot you know about Duratrecs but your posting in this column!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts