Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been a year since I bought it and had it painted, but I finally installed my '02 Euro Facelift/ST170 bumper. I was looking at spending $50 each for the foglights from european-parts.net, but someone on here had them for sale for $60 for the set. I had to cut off a portion of the front bumper rebar so the foglamp housings would clear, which wasn't too hard except where the rebar attaches to the frame since the metal is so thick right there. I still have to get the lower ST170 grille and Euro lip, but it still looks pretty good as is:

After this I'm going to get Euro fenders and a ST170/'02 Facelift rear bumper as well to finish off the Euro look.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
looks good, where did u get it?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll look much better with the addition of the lip...just like the SVT bumper, its shorter than the rest of the body so from a side glance you can definitely tell that its sitting higher than the sideskirts.

I'm also looking at putting in a set of 3000K HIDs into the foglamps now that the bulbs aren't some bastard size like the stock 899/839 bulbs...the Euro fogs use H11s.

-edit-

I bought the bumper off of someone on here last August...can't remember who. It was a brand-new genuine European part, still with the factory primer intact when I got it. The bodyshop I took it to did a so-so job with the paint, but I'm not too concerned since I'm planning on having the entire car painted next spring anyways.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It looks very nice, I like it alot

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^
Yeah, that's why it needs the lip. Unfortuantely, the SVT lip won't fit it because its a different shape. The bottom of the bumper tucks back underneath itself, to the point where its only about 1.5" off of the front of the bottom of the radiator. I might go hop on ffoc and see if anyone can suggest an aftermarket alternative to the stock Ford rubber lip, since I have to import it anyways.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
yeah definitely gonna need a drop eventually, but it's looking really great. the lip is a very important part to the kit, and once you get that on there it will look amazing. how can a body shop mess up on black though??? that's the easiest color to match.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've seen that bumper on a few different colors and I must say it looks best in black[thumb]

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
imprtslyr0223 said:
how can a body shop mess up on black though??? that's the easiest color to match.
The color is fine...there's a few places where the paint ran or a large drip dried at a corner, and there's a few spots on the front where it looks like there's something trapped under the paint, like a grain of sand or a small pebble. Like I said, the car's getting repainted next spring anyways so I'm not going to sweat it (plus its not like I could take it back now anyways.)

mofocus said:
you should get this Reiger lip
Yeah, actually I think I'm going to...european-parts has it for $160 (plus shipping, of course, which will be high on something that big.) I'm probably going to wait and get everything I've been wanting at once...the lip, locking Euro fuel door and lower grille to save on shipping.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^
Last time I checked BAT doesn't sell any of the '02 Facelift/ST170 parts except for the upper grilles, unfortunately.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
mofocus said:
you should get this Reiger lip
YES! geo you should get that. would look pretty damn good in black as the silver is hott!. i actually didn't like that bumper to well till i saw that lip on it. [:0] it's also has the euro lisense plate and trim shaved too so it's all smoooth [:D]

here's a pic at the autoX...

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dont order from european-parts.net that guy is an idiot. I bought the st170 bumper and rieger lip from him and he sended it to the airport which cost me $50 for customs, plus he forgat to attach the bumper black trims which I had to buy for $60, I got the bumper its very nice but not worth buyin it from him, took like a month to get it here and now he wont even respond to my emails for the trims.

Check out fordpartsuk.com, those guys are great fast shipping and really good service. Just email them for a part.

car looks good so far tho[thumb]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts