Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This (Part # M-6007-20T) +

Control harness for the ecoboost crate engine (for custom vehicles Part #M-6017-20T)

Unique controls pack harness replaces stock body harness and is designed for custom built vehicle. Harness includes OBD-II diagnostic port to assist in vehicle calibration upload and problem diagnosis.
Includes PCM with Ford Racing performance calibration
Includes Electronic Throttle Control accelerator pedal, eliminating throttle cable routing problems
Includes power distribution module and oxygen sensor
Includes M-12405-20T Cold Spark Plug Set required for performance calibration
2.0L Ecoboost crate engine includes intercooler, air intake ducting and air cleaner assembly required to complete controls kit installation.

Come with custom Ford Racing tune

When used with Engine Control Pack M-6017-20T and 93 octane unleaded fuel, torque is increased 90 lb. ft at 2800 RPM - with a significant increase up to 4200 RPM

Price is 5500$ (lowest price I could find) for the engine + 1500$ for the ECU kit (eBay)

http://www.rpmenginesvt.com/ford_engines/M-6007-20T.php

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Racing-Control-Pack-For-2-0L-EcoBoost-Engine-M-6017-20T-/191252941321

The difference is the Control harness is garanteed to make the ST engine work in a focus! (with some modification)

Bonus the MTX-75 is bolt-on!

EDIT: Also donor ST engine would work with the custom ford racing harness!
EDIT2: Sorry to burst your bubble guys but this is the closer we could get for now!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Question how difficult would that swap be. I mean would it just be a drop in and go? Will it mate up nicely to the NA mounts? Like

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question how difficult would that swap be. I mean would it just be a drop in and go? Will it mate up nicely to the NA mounts? Like
In theory yes, same mount points...
However, I can't be exactly sure 100% since no engine drawing/specs are available for now.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I know that a lot over the mounts are the same. But would you have to upgrade axles and brakes?
Yes but that would be the same for a reg. turbo kit!

MTX-75 can handle safely up to 206 ft-lbs of torque and the ecoboost is 270 ft-lbs!

The weakest point is the diff. but fortunatly it is upgradable.

The advantage is the MTX-75 have many upgrade parts. (Take a look at all the SVT (first gen) Focus monsters on this forum)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Honestly though I see many benefits to going ahead and just buying the whole ecoboost assembly and dropping it in a sedan. it's bre built and designed for all that beastly ness

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I take it the MTX-75 Is the stock NA harness.
?

The MTX-75 is the 5 spd manual transmission. It doesn't need a TCM hence no harness going to it (except neutral switch and speed sensor).

The only problem I could see is the blinking dash saying engine failure because it (focus harness) wouldn't be connected to the engine anymore. (Now two separate systems)

ESC, Torque Vectoring and TC wouldn't work anymore (need throttle input & kill the ignition or retard it)...but they are not critical.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Most likely not. It's a lot harder to upgrade DCT transmissions. Plus there really are no aftermarket parts for them either. The 6DCT250 is rated for a maximum torque output of 280nm (206lb/ft). I was talking to Tom about this a little while back because he is going to start building a turbo kit for the manual mk3. He currently has a DCT opened up and he was saying that the only major weak point was the clutch. I personally love the DCT, I don't care what they say. But I am still dying for more power. I was looking at possibilities for maybe doing a trans swap with the euro TDI focus. It uses the slightly stronger 6DCT450. But I don't know if that will be possible. Since its a dual wet clutch trans and ours is a dual dry clutch.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at possibilities for maybe doing a trans swap with the euro TDI focus. It uses the slightly stronger 6DCT450. But I don't know if that will be possible. Since its a dual wet clutch trans and ours is a dual dry clutch.
TCM isn't gonna be the same.

That would be hit or miss but hey we always need a "guinea pig" ! [:)]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
would it work with a 6 speed automatic. lol
Why would you want to install that setup w/ a auto? To get the most out of it, you'd want a stick.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well sadly there are some people that don't know how to drive stick. I on the other hand prefer stick but totalled my car and had to purchase an emergency car. But I love my Ford focus Mk3 none the less. For now I'll stick it out with an auto till I'm able to afford an ST

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Well sadly there are some people that don't know how to drive stick. I on the other hand prefer stick but totalled my car and had to purchase an emergency car. But I love my Ford focus Mk3 none the less. For now I'll stick it out with an auto till I'm able to afford an ST
If your going w/ a st down the line, I'd pretty much leave the foci you have now the way it is & pour your $ into your st fund.

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Buy one or two performance parts for the st to give you a incentive.

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I feel fairly confident that the Turbo kit I am waiting to test will embarrass the ST even with the stock MK3 Engine , built engine and run with or out run the RS is the goal

Tom

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I feel fairly confident that the Turbo kit I am waiting to test will embarrass the ST even with the stock MK3 Engine , built engine and run with or out run the RS is the goal

Tom
That sounds great^^^^^^^ I have no idea what the new rs runs.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts