Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is always interesting changing the oil! How much are you going to spill.
I have been using a sandwich bags and now I think I have found the solution for removing the oil filter with no spills.

It is a Filter Glove.

It is an oversized cup that will catch all that oil that drips while unscrewing the filter. Especially for those zetecs with the filter above the suspension.

I am not sure I can post the web sight so you will need to google it.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
u can post the link man. i know with my zetec, its not really a problem with gettin oil on ME. now all the other components is a diff. story. lol. i do a lil clean up after i put the new filter on. now my girls 07...thats the one i get oil EVERYWHERE!! lol. my only gripe about the filter location on the duratecs. lol.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You can get an oil filter relocation kit. Makes things a 100 times easier. You don't even have to jack up the car to change the oil.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Some people are sure hard to please! I've owned about a dozen cars and you almost couldn't get an easier oil filter placement than the Duratec. Threads up, dead vertical, yet. Try a dead horizontal PITA one like my Maxima! With the Duratec, almost no drippage and you can fully presoak/prefill it. Are you draining the oil pan first? If not, do that and I think that you'll get less drippage when you loosen the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts