Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this on focus engine mounts or rear mount? When I had a 02 Spec V there where no aftermarket engine mounts. So alot of guys filled the engine mounts with urethane. This is the stuff used to install windshields on cars. I tryed it on my Spec and it worked great. It got rid of the wheel hop. I know aftermarket engine mounts cause alot of vibration. With the urethane fill mounts I had a very slight vibration not bad at all. It was cheap $10 for a tube which filled 2 engine mounts and had plenty left over.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
did you fill up the bushings with that nipple bleeder screw thing? I am assuming you just fill it up with the grease gun fitting.

The rear mount is solid rubber, with 2 gaps along the side of bushing, and the other side is solid rubber as well.

The other motor mount bushings are sealed as well, I think...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I didn't know they where solid. On the spec they where open with big gaps. I just used a heavy duty caulking gun and inserted the tube of ployurethane and squeezed it in. Let it dry for 24hrs and reinstall. It sound like on the focus the only mount I maybe able to fill is the rear one.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Luckily, for the rear mount...
you can buy poly ure. bushings from Energy Suspension, and press them in... $20

Or you can buy the whole mount in billet steel from VF engineering ($100-115)
or there is the MAC motor mount ($60-70)

Or if you wait a few months CFM is offering a new motormount.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$20 bucks doesn't sound bad for the bushings.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
Luckily, for the rear mount...
you can buy poly ure. bushings from Energy Suspension, and press them in... $20
I can't speak for the Energy Suspension bushings but I can tell you I have had (and continue to have) problems with the Prothane inserts. The large bushing keeps wanting to move and pop out of the dog-bone and when it does it causes vibrations, then I have to pull the mount out and re-position the bushing. It's a PITA to tell you the truth. Just FYI.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok maybe I won't go that way. I've heard and seen problems with other inserts on honda/acuras. Same as you described.
thanks for the input.

·
FF Affiliate
158 Posts
Algorhythm said:
CFM is offering a new motormount? Will it be cheaper than the one that's out now by VFEng?
Our mount will be more durable since it uses one piece bushings instead of two on the smaller end like VF and Steeda use. The price will be the same as VF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts