Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Focus is a 00, so i was curious on how much porting you guys are really doing? how much are you taking out of the runners and how far in? anyone got measurements? or what's on the go? i'd like something to due me till next year when part shopping comes around and i got another 2g's to toss at the beast. well little gremlein you might say

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
depends, you can port as much or as little you want, id be careful, mine arnt too thin, and they go back as far as you can go and still make a smooth port w/ the dremel, or atleast as far as Ed can.....

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who's ED ?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
KicknZX3, i bought the mani from him way back int he day

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and waht do you think of yours? and what's your mods?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i didnt notice the diference as i did alot of mods at once, i doubt you will anyway, but its sotr of one of those every little bit helps things

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ecspecially when its free. i get your point, im going to do some checking into this before i do so, come on kickn get online i got questions again lol

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the "high-performance Ford Focus Builders Hand" by Richard Holdener to 10 horsepower, on a focus with a f-max turbo kit, crane 210/206 cams,36lbs injectors, borla exhaust, prom maf, FC adj gears. now if this is 10 at the wheels or crank im not exactly sure it dont list it, so take this for what its worth.

·
Registered
894 Posts
mofocus.......you must not have taken alot out of your intake............when I put my ported 00 on I noticed a differece on the high end.........you can tell it's flowing better..........there is some tricks to take out more, and if you have the right tools you can go farther in..........I have to agree if you only use a dremel tool and only gasket match the opening it's a waste of time........but if you do it correctly you will notice a difference.........

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
There is only so far in you can go, its actually not a good idea to port these.

Just leave it as is and it will be fine, all this talk of port work is nonsense.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i wont be getting a new manifold for a while. a long long while

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
SilverZx5 said:
mofocus.......you must not have taken alot out of your intake............when I put my ported 00 on I noticed a differece on the high end.........you can tell it's flowing better..........there is some tricks to take out more, and if you have the right tools you can go farther in..........I have to agree if you only use a dremel tool and only gasket match the opening it's a waste of time........but if you do it correctly you will notice a difference.........

you dont notice a difference when you add intake and tb and a few other things all at once...not from the manifold that you can tell anyway

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i might leave well enough alone, or just port it caus im bored, haha bored get it? what a pun. anyhow, ill have to see, i can get spare parts like this for free, in cohoots with someone who owns the second major scrap yard in newfoundland.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts