Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure a lot of us svt owner's have experienced the problem of a rattling coming from the tranny, sounds like a knocking when the clutch is not engaged. Well I took it in to get fixed took them 2 weeks and when I went to drive away I noticed the clutch was slipping, made me really happy. So they told me with the new clutch they put in it might take a 1000 miles before I could grab a gear and lay some tread down. its been 1500 and there is no way even if I tried to chirp the tires that they would, Help! has this happened to anyone. Please help me out if you know anything similiar.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
usually a clutch slipping is not a sign of a good clutch, nor is slippage normal for a good new clutch, especially the SVT

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
What ford dealership did you get it fixed at?? that doesn't sound normal at all I think you should probably bring it in again or to a different ford dealership (your under warranty at any service department so it doesn't matter)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I took it in for that same noise. I drove a tech around, and he heard it, and he said it was normal. He said something about the gears moving around or some crap. They've been told about it, so if it breaks, I'm not payin for it. I thought it was the throwout bearing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i agree with these guys, you should take it back to the dealer.. as far as the rattling noise, it is possible that its normal since the getrag has a ton of parts inside of it with its twin shaft design...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Unless you have a Aluminum Flywheel you should hear no rattle, as a SVTF owner I've never heard of any rattle coming from the tranny. There happens to be an issue with the SVTF as some of us well know about the flywheel being loose. I would have that looked into. Also by no means should your new clutch be slipping at all. Take back your SVTF ASAP to the dealer, and I would expect some answers from them concerning that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts