Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyways i am having problems with my cars electrical power... most of the time under full load i can see the headlights dim. but this also happens sometimes while just cruising. i replaced my alternator and battery less than a year ago. if you have any ideas please let me know.

also i had an amp but i figured that was the problem for it so i took it out.. that was not the problem...[facepalm]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
might want to look at all your grounds make sure thay are in good condition I would start there first

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Have you made sure all your connections are good since you changed the alternator ? I would start there and double check everything including like Go Army said also check your grounds .

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
While you're checking your grounds, do a big 3 swap. It's worth it.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not doing a big 3... thats too much work...

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
im not doing a big 3... thats too much work...

Not really , your already checking the grounds so you might as well add some extra reinforcements while your there. You would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone .

·
Registered
438 Posts
I vote your alternator again.
What is the tripmeter reading in test mode?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will check the test mode. and i will also do the big 3...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Do a before and after test

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its your main ground, the one that is mounted under the stock airbox....replace that and you will be good to go. About 6.00 bucks at Autozone for a 6g. wire and new connector....reuse the one attached to the chassis....good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts