Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little bit of rust on my CD Silver '00 Focus, most notably in the usual places. Just a little on the rockers and on the bottom of the doors.

I want to get it painted up before the winter, because I like this car and I want it to last long and look nice.

How much would this (roughly) cost? Anyone in the OH area know anyone good?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Is OH Cancer in any way related to NY Cancer? lol

My first Focus had it and I took it to a local body shop. They said the doors were too thin so they couldn't do it. Since then I sold that car to my dad and he has been trying to keep the rust down with sanding and painting. It hasn't been working well. I now that none of this will probably help but that is about all I know.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I live in Canton Ohio, I am starting to get hints of rust.. Best thing is to either replace the panel because once rust started underneath it will NEVER stop. Or get on having it fixed ASAP. Also get some linex, or rhinoliner roll on and get underneath the car and start rolling.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Whats going to look terrible?

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you live close to canton, wooster, or dover i could help you out. I have fixed rust spots before and have painted before. If you dont want the help then whatever man, hope you can get it done right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I live in Canton Ohio, I am starting to get hints of rust.. Best thing is to either replace the panel because once rust started underneath it will NEVER stop. Or get on having it fixed ASAP. Also get some linex, or rhinoliner roll on and get underneath the car and start rolling.
we still need to get together some time man

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea man, I was thinking this friday?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you live close to canton, wooster, or dover i could help you out. I have fixed rust spots before and have painted before. If you dont want the help then whatever man, hope you can get it done right.
That's not far at all, I live in Akron.

When I get my money right I'll let you know.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Iagei, were having a meet at my house this friday, in north canton .. If you want to stop Anyone local is welcome. I have a lift in my garage if anyone wants to peak under there car. will start at 5 and end when everyone goes home

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's not far at all, I live in Akron.

When I get my money right I'll let you know.
Try and come to this get together in canton friday. I am going to be there and i am already going to help another with the same problem. So if you can come that would be good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try and come to this get together in canton friday. I am going to be there and i am already going to help another with the same problem. So if you can come that would be good.
IDK if I can make it.

Roughly what would you fixing the rust entail?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts