Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read that right.

Scoff at Veyrons and P1s with this little piece of aviation history because this little gem used to regularly hit speeds around 1500mph.

The item you see before you was salvaged off of a decommissioned F-14 Tomcat that served active duty in all 3 gulf wars. I was lucky enough to obtain during my brief stint chasing a degree in aerospace engineering.

The mirror itself is in fantastic condition, and mount's up to your mk1 location. (it may fit others, I'm not sure)

The mirror is slightly smaller than your factory mirror, however has a convex shape to it to allow for better visibility. It takes a bit of time to get used too, but it's quite handy once you do.

Item is located in Concord, CA.

Asking Price: $100 shipped

Person: Me (ViperThreat)

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Why do you have all the cool stuff?

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you have all the cool stuff?
because fighter jet.

I also have a F-16 joystick that I was going to mount up as my shift-knob, but then the sensible part of me got back from vacation.

·
Registered
173 Posts
As Sleepyboy, above, says "That's cool! good luck with the sale." My wondering goes to the point: "where is the tab to change the mirror from day time to night time running"? You know, to 'flip' the mirror so the lights from those folk running behind you on the roads don't blind you. But, I guess at 40k feet AGL, at 1000mph one doesn't get too many tailgaters! And, thanx for your service...

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As Sleepyboy, above, says "That's cool! good luck with the sale." My wondering goes to the point: "where is the tab to change the mirror from day time to night time running"? You know, to 'flip' the mirror so the lights from those folk running behind you on the roads don't blind you. But, I guess at 40k feet AGL, at 1000mph one doesn't get too many tailgaters! And, thanx for your service...
There isnt a tab to change from night to day haha. Its not quite that fancy.

I got this during my college years, I was working as a computer technician and happened across the original manufacturer. I did them some favors, and they returned in kind.

Also, I haven't served, so be sure to forward that appreciation to the individuals that truly deserve it. Dung1sm has a purple heart for example.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts