Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I after many resets I'm on my third clutch & a new TCM/// 54k It again is shifting great!! I hope & pray what Bob above says is true!! I truly know they are trying but time will tell- I'm running it on a nice trip this weekend...,,,,,,so far fingers crossed.....there a many Focus's on road & still being sold.......there has to be a fix!!!!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I didn't have any clutch/trans issues with my '14 Focus until I hit 15K miles. Brought it to the dealer on 09/04/15 to address the clutch slipping/shuddering at low speeds and they did a TCM reset or update. Initially it improved the shuddering at low speeds but instead it started slipping at exactly 20 mph. After three or four weeks the shuddering at low speeds returned. I scheduled an appointment to return it to the dealer for 10/10/15 and the dealer called this morning to tell me they're just going to order a new clutch for it. Hopefully that will fix the problem my car is having.
Hi NashFocus14,

How did your dealer visit on the 10th go?

Meagan

·
Registered
195 Posts
So just a quick post. I for the first time was able to go to a little town I frequent on weekends in my 12 focus after the 15b22 and not have a single issue. This is even including after all 4 clutch replacements. This is the first time software has done something for my car. Even if this isn't the final fix...its gotta be damn close

·
Registered
21 Posts
So just a quick post. I for the first time was able to go to a little town I frequent on weekends in my 12 focus after the 15b22 and not have a single issue. This is even including after all 4 clutch replacements. This is the first time software has done something for my car. Even if this isn't the final fix...its gotta be damn close
That's great news!

Update on my 2014:

My Focus' shudder is still there. Rush hour traffic is a nightmare but highway traffic after rush hour is great. Maybe the TCM needs to be replaced now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was just told by the dealership that my Focus (the one that randomly goes in Reverse) needs the seals replaced due to leaking onto the clutches. SAME EXACT REPAIR THEY PERFORMED 5 months ago. Dealer also exclaimed how much they hated the Focus and they have not seen a Focus as troublesome as mine. Parts are on back order. It has been 3 weeks in the shop now. A total of almost 2 months in the shop this year alone. So Ford Credit still wants their monthly payment for a car that has been out of commission 1/5th of the time. No more Fords for me. Luckily, my friends have picked up on my Ford debacle and have looked foreign. www.safercar.gov. Search Ford Focus.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Its the individual car/design/repair to worry about, not "American" or "Foreign".

Trans. by Getrag, clutches by Luk, your problem items are all foreign.

Sorry to hear your Dealership hasn't managed to straighten out your problems at all, just wanted to comment that generalizations can get anyone into a similar situation.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I was just told by the dealership that my Focus (the one that randomly goes in Reverse) needs the seals replaced due to leaking onto the clutches. SAME EXACT REPAIR THEY PERFORMED 5 months ago. Dealer also exclaimed how much they hated the Focus and they have not seen a Focus as troublesome as mine. Parts are on back order. It has been 3 weeks in the shop now. A total of almost 2 months in the shop this year alone. So Ford Credit still wants their monthly payment for a car that has been out of commission 1/5th of the time. No more Fords for me. Luckily, my friends have picked up on my Ford debacle and have looked foreign. Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Search Ford Focus.
Hi techsan2004,

I want to look into this further. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Keep in mind any repair or update is only as good and experienced as the mechanic performing them. It sounds like I would take the Focus to different dealer and have them perform a complete diagnostic analysis and set the car to the proper specs. Have you had the newest software installed 15B22. It works.

·
Registered
650 Posts
getting the Field Service Action 15B22 10/16/15

My 2014 Focus has just about 5700 miles. I am scheduled to get the
15B22 This Friday the 16th. After reading these posts for several months, I am very worried about what I may expect as I put more miles on the car.
So far no problems. The slightest hint of shuddering when just stepping on the gas from a dead stop once in a while but mostly no problems.
Had I known what I know now I would not have traded in my 2011 Focus on this car.
Granted, as many problems as I read about on this forum, I do not know what percentage of the Focus out there that these represent. Anyone with a problem posts here but not everyone w/o problems posts.
I hope all out there with these transmission problems gets taken care properly and remunerated for all their troubles.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
That's great news!

Update on my 2014:

My Focus' shudder is still there. Rush hour traffic is a nightmare but highway traffic after rush hour is great. Maybe the TCM needs to be replaced now.
Hi Joe,

If you'd like, I can reopen your case. Just let me know, along with your updated mileage. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke on the phone with an agent from the NHTSA. He advised me this issue is definitely on their radar with the sheer number of complaints received. He also told me that he had the same car as I have and experienced the excessive shuddering, kicking into reverse, loss of power, Ford spiel about this car is working as it was designed, and replaced seals. His advice: Just get rid of it as he junked his at a loss.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I spoke on the phone with an agent from the NHTSA. He advised me this issue is definitely on their radar with the sheer number of complaints received. He also told me that he had the same car as I have and experienced the excessive shuddering, kicking into reverse, loss of power, Ford spiel about this car is working as it was designed, and replaced seals. His advice: Just get rid of it as he junked his at a loss.
How much you want for it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Now that's saying something.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Haha, not gonna sell it. I'm stuck with a bad purchase mistake for a few more years. If anyone sees me driving, just steer clear - I am not responsible for the "normal" actions that my car may exhibit (peeling out, accelerating on its own, going in reverse while in drive).... you know, the "normal" things it does when "operating as designed".

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Haha, not gonna sell it. I'm stuck with a bad purchase mistake for a few more years. If anyone sees me driving, just steer clear - I am not responsible for the "normal" actions that my car may exhibit (peeling out, accelerating on its own, going in reverse while in drive).... you know, the "normal" things it does when "operating as designed".
Have you considered using a dashcam? Might help techs see and experience what you do if there's video present.

161 - 180 of 335 Posts