Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I had the update done but if took my dealership a day because they had a lot of other cars ahead of me having the same thing done. I've put a little over 1k miles on my car since the update and the car shifts like a dream.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I should just make an appointment with one dealer and hope somewhere else opens up sometime soon. Got a lot of shuddering the other day when temps were around 100.

·
Registered
38 Posts
15B22 DCT Update

I had this update performed earlier this week by the dealership and immediately noticed that the transmission shuddered during all gears, not just 1st and 2nd as it had previously. I drove back to the dealership, however they had closed for the day.
The next day, I noticed that my engine had an extremely rough idle. After I had stopped to refuel. Started the car back up, noticed the rough idling, and put the vehicle into "D." Immediately when I depressed the accelerator, the dashboard screen flashed from "D" to "R" and off I went backwards. I quickly braked, placed it back in Park and sat for a few seconds. Placed it back in "D" and drove two blocks at 40mph when it switched back to "R" mid-drive. The engine revved to about 4000 RPMs and slowly came to a crawl. It wouldn't let me drive over 5mph. I turned the vehicle off, waited about 5 minutes and restarted to the rough idle, but went forward in "D" with an extreme shuddering and "confusion" as it searched for gears and revved the RPMs. I let it sit overnight, and the next day it still had a small shudder, but did not exhibit the rough idle nor the switching to reverse. It is back in the shop for I believe the 4th time this year (at least 6th time since I've owned it) for these issues. The worst was when I was in a parking garage out of town and it shifted into reverse - I ended up hitting a female pedestrian, which bruised her hand as she fell and scratched up my bumper. I've reported this to safercar.gov.
This is all not to even mention the fact that my Cooper Zeon tires have chunks of rubber cupping out of them and has a solid crack around the entire circumference of the tire. Also not to mention, that my mpg's are around 19mpg - which Ford says is "within" spec as long as there is no more than an 8mpg discrepancy. So you tell me 26mpg, deliver 19mpg, and that's "ok" because it is within the specifications that you have set? Here's a 5lb bag of potatoes - it may only have 2 lbs, but our specifications state that it is normal as long as the bag is within 4lbs. Grr...
Only 19,000 miles on the Focus at this time.
Anyone else have similar issues, or know how to get things to the way they should be? I love love love this vehicle - I get a lot of compliments on the style and look of my upgraded leather interior (I pretty much have the Titanium without the name "Titanium"). [?|] It is just frustrating that I am making payments on a car that has been in the shop for weeks at a time. It is kind of like saying, "Let me buy a new house, I'll make the payments and let the current homeowners or the bank loan employees stay there free of charge while I live in a much smaller, dirty apartment."

·
Registered
39 Posts
You "hit a pedestrian" because the car shifted into reverse on its own?!? I've seem some semi-scary posts here but that's terrifying. Surely the lemon law applies here?

·
Registered
38 Posts
You "hit a pedestrian" because the car shifted into reverse on its own?!? I've seem some semi-scary posts here but that's terrifying. Surely the lemon law applies here?
I guess not. I have a real bad premonition that something is going to happen and I will die in this car. That's not what concerns me. I am afraid that an innocent bystander, innocent driver, or my family members will also be the victims. Reps I've spoken with actually laughed when I reported that I hit a pedestrian - laughed. I will just have to wait until I pay my loan down enough that I'm not too terribly upside down so I can get something safer. I love the car, but hitting other members of humanity who are victims of my poor purchase decision is unacceptable. [mecry]

·
Registered
129 Posts
I should just make an appointment with one dealer and hope somewhere else opens up sometime soon. Got a lot of shuddering the other day when temps were around 100.

Regarding the temp mark, this is what happens to me out there. And living in the desert we have a lot of 100 degree days. Car will be fine on the way to work but after being heat soaked in the sun for 8-10 hrs it will act up. since the transmission update was done it happens on rare occasions but still occurs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ok here we go again////two clutch packs///// a new TCM//// lots of updates //// again 700 miles later shuttering & shaking////it's back in shop//// hope they figure it out 54k miles & getting real old....... Mine shifted great at first but as it warms it acts up as above..... a modern car shouldn't behave like this!!! MJB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got an update from the dealership - my car is getting new clutches. Keep in mind my Focus only has 11,500 miles on it... this is pretty insane considering my previous car was a Chevy Malibu that was still going strong with 256k miles on it. Why did I buy this Focus?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I agree with the last two responses /// they are taking care of it within warranty & extended warranty----but it's hard to imagine it making it to 256k or even 150k without eventually laying out some serious $$ on repairs....prove me wrong..............I hope!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My Focus is back in the shop... again. I'll let you all know how it goes...
I see your CSM reached out on the first and is planning on reaching out again today. I've updated your case notes.

Meagan

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan; I am awaiting that call.....( I was told before they are very short staffed) Again thanks for all your help,,,,,,,,MJB
Hi MJB,

I just checked your case; I didn't see any calls scheduled as the case had been resolved at the end of last month. If you're referring to what I wrote above, that was specifically for joefromchicago.

Meagan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi MJB,

I just checked your case; I didn't see any calls scheduled as the case had been resolved at the end of last month. If you're referring to what I wrote above, that was specifically for joefromchicago.

Meagan
Meagan, is it typical to have to wait around a month to get a service appointment? Two of my local dealerships are booking out for November. I've never had a new car before, so I'm not sure of the norm at dealerships.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agreed

Just got an update from the dealership - my car is getting new clutches. Keep in mind my Focus only has 11,500 miles on it... this is pretty insane considering my previous car was a Chevy Malibu that was still going strong with 256k miles on it. Why did I buy this Focus?
I'm thinking the same thing. Always said I would never buy a Ford, but the saleswoman told me that I would love this car's transmission much better than the CVT my Nissan had in it. During the 50 mile test drive, it was perfect. After I purchased the vehicle and started having troubles, the saleswoman retracted her statement and said that she was thinking of the Fusion transmission when she sold it to me. Maybe I'm the one that should have looked further into it.

My car has been sitting on the service dept's lot since Thursday without being touched. Apparently, their Focus transmission guy is backed up, and somehow my car got pushed to the back of the line. I'll fall in love with Hyundai while I have the rental, then go back to my Focus and die in it. I had a dream the other night of being in a fiery, highway crash as my Focus rammed into reverse. God, I hope my family is not with me on our road trips when this happens.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan, is it typical to have to wait around a month to get a service appointment? Two of my local dealerships are booking out for November. I've never had a new car before, so I'm not sure of the norm at dealerships.
Great question.

All dealers and the population of Ford Owners around them are unique to that area, so I'm unable to make an estimate on the typical wait. You might be able to get a better view of the typical waits by asking people in your area who've worked with those dealers.

Meagan

121 - 140 of 335 Posts