Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent visit to the Ford Owner site, I noticed a new FSA showing for both of our DCT-equipped 2012 Foci:

15B22 TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING FOR OVERT TCM FAILURE WARNING

A search of FF turned up no hits, and we've received no letters from Ford so far, so I assume that this is a pretty recent development. Thought I might check in here and see if anyone has any further details.

It doesn't appear to be a warranty extension, as that was already covered by the 14M02 Customer Satisfaction Program, but rather a one-time TCM re-programming.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Haven't even seen an example posted yet of an "Overt TCM Failure Warning".

Hate to speculate, but the subject of no real code for this (so no code is in memory after an issue) came up again this week and it would be NICE if this is an update to create a better code/warning in the system to reduce ambiguity when there is a failure.

14M02 lists multiple possible codes, few if any show up consistently when a problem occurs.

·
Registered
472 Posts
On a recent visit to the Ford Owner site, I noticed a new FSA showing for both of our DCT-equipped 2012 Foci:

A search of FF turned up no hits, and we've received no letters from Ford so far, so I assume that this is a pretty recent development. Thought I might check in here and see if anyone has any further details.

It doesn't appear to be a warranty extension, as that was already covered by the 14M02 Customer Satisfaction Program, but rather a one-time TCM re-programming.
I see the same one on mine... I guess I will inquire about it on my next oil change...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I called our dealership to set up a service for our SE and asked about scheduling FSA 15B22. All the service advisor could find about it was that it was "pending", so I think we'll have to wait a bit for the details.

He did verify that the version of the TCM software they used when they replaced the clutch pack back in May is still the current version, so re-programming now would have little effect.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This customer satisfaction program updates the TCM software in affected vehicles to provide improved
detection and overt warning of electrical circuit failures in the TCM. Electrical circuit failures within the
TCM may develop and result in intermittent symptoms of loss of transmission engagement while driving,
no-start, or a lack of power. Updating the TCM software will help ensure the vehicle operator is alerted to
potential issues with the TCM prior to failure

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hopefully, it does a better job of storing information/codes so that when people go in for intermittent issues, there's an actual record for the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the front brakes done on Monday. During that service, they applied 15B22. I hadn't really noticed anything different. But today I went to drive it and the check engine light came on with "SERVICE TRANSMISSION" warning (or maybe "TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION"... I forget the actual wording). The car wouldn't go into gear at all. I shut it off, and started it back up. Same error. Car would go into gear, but would not upshift until close to redline. Had it towed to the dealer and now waiting to see what's next. Hopefully it's just a software problem having to do with the 15B22 recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a used 2013 Focus Titanium a few months back. It has a shudder problem. It is intermittent, so I have had it in twice now, but they couldn't get it to read over the 250 rpm to replace the clutch pack.

Anyway, I has this flash done on Tuesday. Today the shudder came back and a CEL code P0902 "Clutch Actuator Circuit" came with it.

Hopefully this means I will get a resolution to my transmission problems on my next visit to Ford service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 Focus SEL with 28K miles. Always had intermittent shuttering, hesitation and noise issues. Yesterday, suddenly lost power and as with Steve above, would move at low rpm with hesitation, but to try to get up to speed, it would rev high, briefly accelerate, then cut out again, couldn't really get over 30mph. I noted the 15B22 on my online Ford account. Tow truck just took it away to the dealer, waiting for the likely inevitable back and forth to try and get it sorted. Given all the problems with this transmission, I'm hoping they just fix it. Will post resolution when I know something.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Had the front brakes done on Monday. During that service, they applied 15B22. I hadn't really noticed anything different. But today I went to drive it and the check engine light came on with "SERVICE TRANSMISSION" warning (or maybe "TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION"... I forget the actual wording). The car wouldn't go into gear at all. I shut it off, and started it back up. Same error. Car would go into gear, but would not upshift until close to redline. Had it towed to the dealer and now waiting to see what's next. Hopefully it's just a software problem having to do with the 15B22 recall.
Bought a used 2013 Focus Titanium a few months back. It has a shudder problem. It is intermittent, so I have had it in twice now, but they couldn't get it to read over the 250 rpm to replace the clutch pack.

Anyway, I has this flash done on Tuesday. Today the shudder came back and a CEL code P0902 "Clutch Actuator Circuit" came with it.

Hopefully this means I will get a resolution to my transmission problems on my next visit to Ford service.
I have a 2012 Focus SEL with 28K miles. Always had intermittent shuttering, hesitation and noise issues. Yesterday, suddenly lost power and as with Steve above, would move at low rpm with hesitation, but to try to get up to speed, it would rev high, briefly accelerate, then cut out again, couldn't really get over 30mph. I noted the 15B22 on my online Ford account. Tow truck just took it away to the dealer, waiting for the likely inevitable back and forth to try and get it sorted. Given all the problems with this transmission, I'm hoping they just fix it. Will post resolution when I know something.

Hi guys,

You're all on the right track, having gone to your dealers. I want to do a little digging and look for some additional assistance. Please private message me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
9 Posts

With how many miles do you have on your car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone else having problems with transmission I just call ford they said I have to take my car in so they update the software code (15B22 ) my car has 81k miles 2013 focus

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any resolution to your problem? I had the same thing happen over the weekend. Took it to the dealer and am waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ford is not stupid to send everyone a letter notifying about a recall on there cars one as it is I'm on a waiting list to bring my car in to get service while i am putting my family and my self in danger someone has to bring this up to the media so they can take action first was my Audio Control Module now this I'm so sick of ford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any resolution to your problem? I had the same thing happen over the weekend. Took it to the dealer and am waiting to hear back from them.
No resolution. They've had the car since late on Thursday (it's now Monday afternoon).

EDIT: Update 8/25/15 - TCM (Transmission Control Module) replacement will be done under warranty. The car has 77K miles, so presumably under CSP (Customer Satisfaction Program) 14M02. I'd like to thank Meagan (FordService) for reaching out and offering to help. I have no idea if this resulted in the dealer getting a little nudge from Ford corporate to resolve the issue, but regardless I'm happy that this is getting done. I'll update after I've gotten the car back with any noticeable changes in transmission performance. It has always been very stuttery, but I haven't had any transmission problems until after the 15B22 software "upgrade".

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ford is not stupid to send everyone a letter notifying about a recall on there cars one as it is I'm on a waiting list to bring my car in to get service while i am putting my family and my self in danger someone has to bring this up to the media so they can take action first was my Audio Control Module now this I'm so sick of ford.
Hi guys,

I want to check out some options. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

No resolution. They've had the car since late on Thursday (it's now Monday afternoon).

EDIT: Update 8/25/15 - TCM (Transmission Control Module) replacement will be done under warranty. The car has 77K miles, so presumably under CSP (Customer Satisfaction Program) 14M02. I'd like to thank Meagan (FordService) for reaching out and offering to help. I have no idea if this resulted in the dealer getting a little nudge from Ford corporate to resolve the issue, but regardless I'm happy that this is getting done. I'll update after I've gotten the car back with any noticeable changes in transmission performance. It has always been very stuttery, but I haven't had any transmission problems until after the 15B22 software "upgrade".
Happy to be of assistance! :)

Meagan

1 - 20 of 335 Posts