Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a fidanza flywheel for my 02 svt,and my question is, do I have to modify anything for fitment.Im quit new to the ford focus svt and would like to know before I decide to install.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Nope, should bolt right up. Are you replacing the clutch aswell?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, should bolt right up. Are you replacing the clutch aswell?
Im looking to,but money is tight.The stock clutch on the car has 49k,so i would like to keep it,but again would like to replace it if I had the cash.The flywheel is shot,so I needed that to get the car going.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have to change it now. Doing the flywheel is not an easy or cheap process. And the money it costs you now to replace the clutch will be about 20% of what it will cost you later. Besides 49k miles is not little miles for an SVT clutch. Especially if you drive it how you should!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to change it now. Doing the flywheel is not an easy or cheap process. And the money it costs you now to replace the clutch will be about 20% of what it will cost you later. Besides 49k miles is not little miles for an SVT clutch. Especially if you drive it how you should!
I'm a mechanic, so installation cost are on my own time. I'm not sure since I bought the car with 49k,and don't know if it's been ragged on,but i'm sure I will find out after I inspect the clutch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Time is money.

But thats good you are doing it yourself. Idid everything myself too, and believe me when i tell you dropping the tranny is not in my book of fun.

Do yourself a favor and call mike at hilbish ford. You should be able to get a clutch kit for less than $200.

My SVT had like 55k miles when my clutch started slipping.

Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time is money.

But thats good you are doing it yourself. Idid everything myself too, and believe me when i tell you dropping the tranny is not in my book of fun.

Do yourself a favor and call mike at hilbish ford. You should be able to get a clutch kit for less than $200.

My SVT had like 55k miles when my clutch started slipping.

Good luck
Thanks for the info.I sent Mike a pm.[wave]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would def do the clutch if it has 49K on the original. Mike will treat you good, he knows his stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts