Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McNews has them and they look like a good deal for $89.00 a piece. Anybody used them or heard good about them?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have them and will install them on Oct. 18th along with the Crane stage 1's I got in the mail yesterday. They look good (as good as any other). They don't have the "gripping" compound on the teeth like some others, but I doubt that is necissary, or makes a difference unless your belt has no teeth on it (which would suck!!).

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't believe the price diff. The Fidanzas might be what I go with. I have never seen the Bomz Cam Gears.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Fidanzas are super cheap compared to others aren't they?...that's why I got them. I figured what's the difference? I was also told that some other well known brand (I won't mention so people won't panic because they have them) have occasionally had the adjustment screw strip or the gear itself allowing the screw to move. I personally don't see how this could happen with lock washers, but anyways, I haven't heard anything negative about Fidanzas.
BTW: there's something about BOMZ that I don't trust...maybe because it is the most abundantly shown product on cheap-bay.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I have had these on my Zetec for 14k miles. No issues to report. From what I have heard, adjusting bolts can be less tan desireable when tuning b/c they're easy to strip. I think ARP has replacements available for like $40 something. I have not had mine tuned yet, so I have not encountered this potential issue. I have considered replacing them to ARP's when I do tune the cams. Also, Jackson Racing is closing their Zetec cam gears out at $79.99 each...but they only come in red....As far as Bomz go, just the idea of putting anything called BOMZ on my engine seems crazy...lol

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
....reminds me of bomb...which in car terms would be...grenade...last thing I want to do is have my engine..."grenade" ...lol...just jokin around....I knew that comment would raise an eyebrow...

·
Registered
292 Posts
To my understanding Fidanzas are a European high quality cam gear and is always more expensive than the others so that is a major discount from some of the prices i've seen.
But hey jump on it!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts