Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to modify a OE front bumper in my holidays.

So is it possible to apply fiberglass on the OE bumper. If not, what can I use to do it ?

The only reason I'm doing this, its because aftermarkets bumpers are too low ... and OE bumper sucks [confused]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Fiberglass will just crack out.

You need a two part epoxy or a special body filler made for plastics.

Thoes two products will stick and flex with the bumper. They work great for filling in the front indentations and the front lisence plate.

For any more extreme modifications ask anyone at your local automoative paint supply store. And I don't mean Advance Auto or Pep Boys.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
In order for fiberglass to bond. It needs rough surface, otherwise, It will just fall off and crack in the long run. Thisyould involve wire brush wheeling the modified areas where you will be using fiberglass. I would also suggest drilling many 1/8th inch holes for extra bond.

Too much work, Cough up more money and use urethane/plastic compatible epoxies... search for "SEM flex weld" on ebay!

and once again, I have a thread to promote the unvieling of my bumper project.

thanks for looking. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you really need advice go to an auto shop that strictly does body work, they are the real experts. Esp a shop that works on Tuner cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts