Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking around for ways of making my 04 focus look more... agressive. to say the least when you compare the focus interior to many other cars its just missing that race feel side to it. So far all ive done is installed some reverse el-glo guages, in dash dvd, and new pedals... but what i really want to do is redo the dash entirely to give it a more agressive look...

does anyone know anywhere that does this?

·
Registered
535 Posts
yeah i agree the 00-04 dash is kinda lame/weird/odd. the 05's remind me of VW's interiors-very nice. I would like to overhaul the interior as well.
Sorry i am no help, just curious like you

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I think the 00-04 Focus dash ROCKS......everything where you need it......

and the new ones are total boxyness......

how ,uch more aggressive do you want it to be?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much more aggressive? well a lot more, lol. basically im wondering if anyone has known of a place that has pictures of dash kits? .. basically almost every other car has a decently agressive dash, Mazda's, Honda's, Acura's, etc... and hte only downside about the design about the focus is that it has a very non-aggressive old fashion look..

andi do agree that the new ones are .. poop..

is there a manufacturer with photos, i cant seem to find anyone.

cause im interested in getting the f2 body with my car, and if i do that, id like to have a nice interior to match.... AH, maybe if you can replace the stock dash with an SVT dash? to get ride of the grey/black and add something more sleek to it.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I agree that the 00-04 dash is bland. I dont know if anyone out there has tried this, but I have been thinking about dismantling my dash and having my body-shop guy paint at least some of it to match the paint. I think it would look good. Anyone else have an opinion about it?

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Use Krylon Fusion.. I didn't even sand down the parts and they came out great. Just clean them with rubbing alcohol first, let them dry, then have at it with a few light coats.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that looks pretty good. is Krylon Fusion a brand or type of paint? you had to take these parts out of the car to paint them right? i wonder if i could take the entire dash out. paint it black instead of that grey.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Krylon is the brand, Fusion is the type.

My girlfriend helped me do this.. basically here are the steps:

We took each piece out, she used a q-tip tipped in rubbing alcohol to clean each piece. I wiped the piece down after it dried and put it on a piece of cardboard. Spray a light coat, wait for it to dry, repeat.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would lighltly sand your stuff before you pait it. I didnt and had a peeling problum later. I ended up resanding and primering every thing and no problums since.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know how to take out the whole dash?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone know how to take out the entire dash? i want to paint all the grey stuff black.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i wish i would have gotten an 04 with the 2.3 i would be in heaven... i love the new body and inside... but i have to say i love the 04 body and inside SO much more.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ah sorry for the double post, i was stupid and didnt see page 2... yeah.. so anyways, thanks everyone again for your help!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If you wanted a huge project. You could pull the whole thing and mold some cool guage pods in and fiberglass the whole thing smooth. If you take your time, it can come out AMAZING. I did my center console awhile ago, looked great but I got tired of it and it's black again..lol..pics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts