Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I soon will have the turbo on my car and the whole kit has completely killed the budget. All i have left is the money to pay Tom to tune it. Bad thing is that i don't the money to have him install it! [?|] Now i have to drive something like 80 miles to get to him on the highway. I was told that i can do it if i stay out boost and fill her up with race fuel. the concern comes into play with the gearing of the car, i like 6th gear i like you can only go 60 at 2200 rpms. Now does it really matter what the rpms are as long as it takes me a really long time to get there?(i think it does) so my tuning question is, knowing that every setup is very different is there a round about tune that i can put into my car, so that if i get into boost i won't hurt my engine all that much. i ask this because your told not to hammer on the car till its tune right. so how do you do your first pull and get into boost with out hurting the engine, which made me think that their is a pretune that safely lets you into low boost. Anybody with helpful info would be greatly appreciated[thumb]

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
The best thing to do is trailer it here

I can take a guess and send you a Predator and you log it and let me know what its doing then send you tunes to get here with , or if you have a Predator/SCT just send you the tunes

Tom

·
Registered
523 Posts
like tom said trailer it. if you cant just dont get into boost. do you have a boost gauge? if so it wont be hard to stay outta it. i drove mine about 1 week 20 miles a day to work till i got tuned.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tom sorry i have already talk to you about this [email protected], i can data log it and send you the info. i guess i just didn't plan the whole money thing right i guess. i could data log it and send you the info, that would also allow me to pay you a head of time as well. does anybody know the highest speed you can go in 6th gear with out getting into boost

·
Registered
523 Posts
RPM really dont matter all that much, it really depends on how much throttle you put into it. Just take it easy and watch your boost gauge and you will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts