Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm rather new here. Just started posting that is. I'll be joining the air force soon, and will have some extra cash adding up since i will not be going off to my 3rd year of school. That means its time for some forced induction. TerboH time. I'm pretty new to the turbo game and ive been reading a bit, but im a little unsure of some reliability. So heres a few questions i hope yinz could answer.

1. Is the motor internals build up a must?
2. New clutch a must? If so which stage would be the safest
3. How do oem axles handle 225-300hp?
4. Hows this kit look
http://www.precisionturbo.net/produ...ay.php?sku=671620&hdwt=31101&loc=101&dealer=n

Am i missing anything partswise?

Thanks for even opening this thread. I'll be checkin up.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum !!!

I moved this to forced induction... You will get some more answeres here.

You do have a good focus tuner right in Pennsylvania. Make sure you check out Mcnewsautomotive.com They are well experienced in boosted foci.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checking them out now, thx alot.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
hey P1thblack where u at in pittsburgh???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im about 10 minutes from harmarville. 20 minutes from downtown

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ok... im in Carnegie....about 15 from downtown

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have family out there. you're not too far, I made a post in the east coast section asking if anybody wanted to have a g2g this summer sometime. Not too many people responded

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i don't remember seein it...ya i don't think there are a lot of people around here, but i've seen a few pitt people on here. it'd be pretty cool to have one tho

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theres a few nice zx3's around me, id really like to get something set up. Me and a friend have a little car club called pitch black. He has a cobalt ss/sc so its not a focus, but we're looking to meet up with some people and get some nice pics this summer.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
sounds like fun to me....if you guys get anything started my email is [email protected]

MIKE

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
YES to the clutch!

·
Registered
91 Posts
1. Is the motor internals build up a must?
Not necesary unless you want to go 300HP.. I'm running 240hp/246Tq with Stock Internals

2. New clutch a must? If so which stage would be the safest
Yes, I'm ordering a ClutchMaster StG4 with Fidanza Flywheel.. I'm still running the stock Clutch so far still holding, but i know it won't last. I drove an SVT with CM STG4 and feels just like stock... just grip better.

3. How do oem axles handle 225-300hp?
so far 240hp in mine is handling good, but if you going to do AutoX, i suggest Quaife or Torsen differentials

But most important of all is to get good tunning. You can install any kit and will give you power but without a good tunning and a good tuner you can kiss that motor good bye..

if you have anymore questions, just send me an email or pm me. check out my website i have a how to install a turbo kit on a zx3, my car is 2001 ZX3

http://www.turbozx3.com

Oh.. Welcome to FF [thumb]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well that cleared up a bunch for me. thx alot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts