Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finaly have enough saved to get a super charger. Im looking at getting a JRSC or the power works just because they seem to have good mech. history. My car has right at 100,000 miles on it.Its my daily driver. Is that too many miles to be putting FI on my car? Also what else would I need to do to my car if i can add a SC to keep it a some what reliable daily driver.
thanks for any help!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
change all of the ignition stuff, plugs, wires, distributor. Also, the kits should come with larger injectors, if it doesnt, get some. If you havent replaced your timing belt, might want to go ahead and do that (preventative measure).

As far as reliability, as long as you dont push the limits on the tune and dont get a smaller pulley it shouldnt be a problem. Also, break it in! Thats something most people dont think of and it will cost them. You may also want to post this over in the Forced Induction section, they will be more knowledgable than me.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,844 Posts
I concur with what he says but i suggest doing your homework because i saw a JRSC on Zetec and it only gave it 30-35 hp but cost alot. The Pro charger has better gains for around 3,300 then there is the stage 2 from focus sport for around 3,400 which is proven on stock to give 70 hp also C-F-M.com has the powerworks for sale for 3,300 for zetecs only its the same as the 4,950 kit but they are overstocked and their not selling so i believe they have around 5 more at that price which is best proven hp on the market.

·
Registered
481 Posts
if i were you, go with the jrsc because you have so many miles on your ride. i know that the elusive 100k mile stigma might persway people to stay away from f.i. because of the load already put on the motor. 6 lbs of boost isn't too much and like they said, you'll have to change out some other components just to make sure you don't blow up or break anything.

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
The powerworks is a nic ekit as well... If there is any question about the motor, you could do a compression test on the engine, or better yet, a leak-down test will tell you the condition of the cylinders. If that comes out fine, then go ahead.
A modern motor will hold up a long time, I have seen many boosted motors WAY over 100K, they may make a few less HP, but they are still fun to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts