Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all...figured I'd start this thread to wake y'all up with a good dose of metal. I'll post a link once a day to introduce you to some bands that when out at work, have made my day suck less. This will cover all the genres. Heavy, death, melodic death, metalcore, etc. Discretion is advised as some of the lyrics may contain strong language...you have been warned [;)]

To start this thread off right, I give you Germanys metalcore band Heaven Shall Burn and thier song off of the album Invictus (Iconoclast III)...Combat

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lyrics for those wondering:

Welcome to a world of pain,
This is the day of your conversion mortification
Dragged away from home on blood red nights
Slave to a brutal system, forevermore

You are an orphan now,
Adopted by the beast of war
The end of all your childhood dreams has come

No more will you meet a smilling face
Now peace has left your sleep forever
There are no arms to hold you,
Yet there are no hands to wipe your tears

Constrained and forced to kill
These cruelties will haunt you
A life in combat,
Your fear will make you bleed
Your inner combat
A life without a future, you will forget your wishes
And nothing to embrace, but the rifle in your hands

You are an orphan now,
Adopted by the beast of war
The end of all your childhood dreams has come
A life of combat, forevermore

No more will you meet a smilling face
Now peace has left your sleep forever
There are no arms to hold you,
Yet there are no hands to wipe your tears away
There are no arms to hold you
Peace has left over your sleep

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, I bring to you the melodic death metal brutals from Sweden. Solution .45 and thier song off of the album For Aeons Past, Gravitational Lensing:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Morning [wave]...Gonna stay with the melodic death metal theme today, but we're taking a trip to Italy and listening to the musical stylings of Disarmonia Mundi. This is off the album The Isolation Game...Cypher Drone:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No access to YT at work :(
You should post them on some other site :)
Sorry bro, I don't upload them to YT...I just pull the songs from there. If you have a smart phone, try using that.

Heaven Shall Burn is amazing. :D
Yes...yes they are [hihi] One of my favorites. Thats why I posted them up first.

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For todays morning metal, we are going a little old school. I'm reaching back to 2004 to pull out this metalcore gem by All That Remains (back when they were awesome [;)] ) and their song off of This Darkened Heart album...The Deepest Gray:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going a little deeper, to 2002, I'm pulling out an absolute classic. This is back before Howard Jones took over for Jesse Leach and created what is now Killswitch Engage. This was another time that a band was awesome. Now that Jesse is back and they are making a new album with him in it, I'm hoping for the best! Here is My Last Serenade off the album Alive or Just Breathing:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope...he auditioned, but Howard got it cause Phil had 2 bands at the time. Jesse left cause he got all depressed about being away from his new family, took a sabbatical, front manned for time of grace and now is back with Killswitch...drama drama drama...lol

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good morning! Sorry I didn't post any metal yesterday...Internets was being fails!

To make up for it, I'm posting a double shot of some Scar Symmetry. This is just to show the different direction the band went after Christian Alvestam left. They had to replace him with 2 vocalists to get his talents [rofl].

Here is The Anomaly off of their 2011 album The Unseen Empire, featuring the 2 vocalists:

It's not a bad song. One of my favorites really, but it just really doesn't compare to old SS. This is The Kaleidoscope God off of their 2006 album Pitch Black Progress, featuring Christan:

You be the judge on this while you...

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today, I give you some home brewed Deathcore metal from Chicago. Veil of Maya and their song Vicious Circles off of their newest album, Eclipse:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good morning all! Sorry, took a bit of a sebbatical for the weekend. On vacation this week and been doing stuffs [:)]

To bring y'all back to the metal, I give you In Flames and their song Borders and Shading off of the 2004 album Soundtrack To Your Escape:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I bring you As I Lay Dying from my hometown of San Diego, CA. This is probably my favorite song off of the An Ocean Between Us album...Nothing Left:

WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today is a very special day as it is my birthday [drinking]. So for a wake up song, I can post no other than Happy Birthday Dethday by DETHKLOK!

Enjoy these brutals as you WAKE UP!!! [headbang]

·
Registered
170 Posts

Aside from these guys and Amon Amarth I really can't stand new metal. Growing up with guys like Dickinson, Dio and Halford it's hard to adjust to vocalists that all share the same style and little vocal talent. It's a shame too because the rythm sections and guitar are doing amazing things these days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts